The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 hour ago, tas said:

moving tweeners for guys who fit a role makes perfect sense. 

gaudette isn't top 6 and isn't bottom 6. he should be in europe. 

same with virtanen. 

Did you base that off just this season? Look at last season you know the one not impacted by covid

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe Jim Benning (and Stan Bowman) was trolling the fanbase and the actual deal was AG + 4rd for Bowey, Highmore, + 5rd, but he purposely announced them separately in as slanted a way possible to evoke the largest triggered response.  :bigblush:

Not really wise to provoke a rabid mob that's already calling for your job

51 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Canucks weren't gonna re sign him so they got something instead of nothing. Clearing out a Judd pick. I see no other reasons to do this trade. 

Bingo.

Imagine the usual refrain of "why did Benning let x player go for nothing!" if he didn't take what was available in this depressed market.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Shhh, someone might hear you having an opinion... 

Whisper it to me, or it may cost you your career. 

The New Normal... :huh:  insert sheep sounds for effect, or possibly an Orwell quote-prophecy.  

Orwell didn't say it, but you do bring to mind a quote:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Please keep your neocon buzzwords out of a hockey thread. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I give him credit for playing at 172lbs with low energy levels.  

Anyone who plays sports should immediately understand how useless you feel when playing even just with the flu.  

The kid did ok in my books, considering.  Don’t really mind/hate the trade as much as I do the return commodity, which is arguably the second most easily ascertained value out there, next to one-dimensional, smallish soft skill. 

I’d rather he was traded for toughness or something the organization lacks.  I think JB just made a hole.  All will need to go well to see AGs hole filled within.  Sound like Canucks Luck?? 

So he's had this issue since college, had a career year last season then has his worst season after finding a treatment, seems like that wasn't much of an issue on ice. As someone who has colitis and suffers from several stomach issues that have led to a feeding tube AG's sounded simply a weight issue, doesn't sound like he was in a lot of pain nor did it hold him back in hockey.

4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

So he's had this issue since college, had a career year last season then has his worst season after finding a treatment, seems like that wasn't much of an issue on ice. As someone who has colitis and suffers from several stomach issues that have led to a feeding tube AG's sounded simply a weight issue, doesn't sound like he was in a lot of pain nor did it hold him back in hockey.

Meh, subjective exchanges are down this road for us. 
Respectfully, I don’t think there is value in comparing an NHL shift and AG’s medical issues to whatever you’re likely conflating yours with. 

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Chicago HC Colliton’s take on Highmore (from 2020):

“Highmore is a perfect example,” Colliton said after the season. “He doesn’t play 25 shifts in a game, but the shifts he gets he knows exactly what he’s supposed to do. He goes out there, he does it 100 miles an hour, he doesn’t cheat, he wins 50-50s, he advances the puck, he gets it in, he goes to the net. That line scored three or four goals at least in the series playing against top-line competition. It’s just because he’s willing to do the right thing. I thought the other guys did too, and then he gets off. He doesn’t extend his shift, he doesn’t hang around in the offensive zone hoping to get a goal or get a second assist or get a plus (rating). If he started in D-zone, gets it out of D-zone, gets it in and 35 seconds in the alarm bells are going off in his head that he’s got to get off so that Patrick Kane can step off in a good spot, maybe playing against tired guys or in the offensive zone or on an offensive zone faceoff. We need more of that, we need it up and down the lineup.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theathletic.com/1790389/2020/08/27/ranking-the-blackhawks-top-40-prospects/%3famp

Sounds really good actually... Thanks SID

• Cheers 1