The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

12 minutes ago, coryberg said:

There's a compable... 1 year younger same ppg. 

Screenshot_20210412-105128_Chrome.jpg

That's LA's first line winger and they can't afford to lose him until they have finished their rebuild. He just turned 27 in December, Pearson is 29 in August, and in case you missed it Lafallo has over double the amount of points Pearson does this year. This is a "what have you done for me lately" type league after all. Scott Laughton is another comparable(although is a younger centre which gives added value) and he just signed for AAV of 3mil.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a Pearson fan. I think he's a glue type player and after me bitching about losing Tanev this offseason I can't in good conscious discount the intangibles a player like Pearson brings to the team. I just think a different GM could have signed him to a better contract. If Tanner starts performing like he did last year and stays that way through-out his contract then it would be worth it. I just think it's a bit of a risk, and there's reason why it may come back to bite us.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

It might be as simple as they weren’t planning on bringing back Gaudette next year and this opens up a spot in the bottom 6 plus brings in a style of player at a price our team needs.

Yeah, fair assumption cause he knows that they are still tight under the flat cap but based on his last presser he is not concerned (?).

• Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, Grape said:

I mean... someone who believes that people who contract COVID are at fault simply because they contracted COVID shouldn't be in high-end decision making position. It's a failure of simple logical thinking. I'm not out here arguing what qualifications are need to be a GM and who fits those qualifications lol

It's just a very backwards line of thinking that I doubt any GM, including Benning, would go by. 

I’m pretty sure it’s a bit more complicated than that.

That nonchalance we saw from the boys at the beginning of the season... it looked awfully like some players didn’t care enough about it and may have found the entire Miller/Benn thing ridiculous. 

If Gaudette or his wife were anywhere near anti-maskers, hey look, the door is right there bud.

The entire team has Covid.

Or maybe that’s just a hockey trade for two players each in need of a change of scenery.

37 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Certainly can’t afford any opposing political opinions out there, not for large corporations.  Doesn’t matter what they are. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if AG was canceled.  

#puckcancer ... errr cancelculture 

whatever is trending 

Yeah, just don't think management like kind of thing............regardless of who in the family says it

I could be totally off base......just a thought

1 minute ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

gaudette played soft like a sniper but doesn’t really snipe..all I’m saying is that I’m happy if Highmore is a Motte type of energy player yay or nay?

Way yay.

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

That's LA's first line winger and they can't afford to lose him until they have finished their rebuild. He just turned 27 in December, Pearson is 29 in August, and in case you missed it Lafallo has over double the amount of points Pearson does this year. This is a "what have you done for me lately" type league after all. Scott Laughton is another comparable(although is a younger centre which gives added value) and he just signed for AAV of 3mil.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a Pearson fan. I think he's a glue type player and after me bitching about losing Tanev this offseason I can't in good conscious discount the intangibles a player like Pearson brings to the team. I just think a different GM could have signed him to a better contract. If Tanner starts performing like he did last year and stays that way through-out his contract then it would be worth it. I just think it's a bit of a risk, and there's reason why it may come back to bite us.

but 7 fewer goals and 1 less point than Pearson last season.  People need to stop using this season as the bar.......for good or bad

2 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

I really hope that they did their homework on this Highmore guy and there's something that no one else sees in him. This better not be just a trade for the sake doing something at the deadline.

Why would any of this be true? 

10 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Side bet: Kole Lind makes us all forget about Gaudette next year.

Obviously we aren't privy to JB's inside knowledge. As fans we speculate which is a big part of fandom. 

- JB didn't think Gaudette could be a 3rd line regular on a CUP contender. As a center he was suspect on the d-side. Winger? 

- maybe his health issues scared the Canucks off.

- Does Highmore fit on the 4th line? 

I liked Gaudette's speed and shot and tenacity. I didn't like his size or his FO% or his d-side game. I didn't like his snap kick of his bride during their wedding. I wish him well.