The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They’ve been laying a very condensed schedule the last month due to their covid shutdown.  And they e been playing missing a good chunk of their top players.  If they get rested and healthy before game one it could be a good series 

True. I said very similar thing in one of gdt threads a while back. 

A lot of speed and skill in that series.  Will be fun series to watch if Habs come in healthy and rested.

• Upvote 1

On the surface, this looks like Leafs in 5.

But the team that is probably helped most by this delay for the North division playoffs is the Habs. Not only to potentially get key players back healthy, but also for the new coaching staff to finally get some time to work on stuff in practice. The first game should show if Montreal are a rejuvenated team - if so, Habs in 7.

I was going to put Toronto in 7, I feel like they've got the better chance to win this, but I'm also feeling a 7 game series, and if that's the case, the smarter bet would probably be Montreal in 7, which is my pick. I've watched them blow too many game 7s over the years to be able to have any confidence in them doing it right this time. Prove me wrong Leafs! 

I’m hoping montreal wins!    Every time I open the damn paper here there’s legit 4 full pages of maple leafs and how well dumbass built this team to be a cup contender ...

so sick of it.... old man rant over. Now I need a nap 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Series tied 0-0
On 5/13/2021 at 9:30 PM, Beary Sweet said:

Leafs in 7. As much as I hate them, they’re a stacked team led by Matthews and Tavares. They’re the team to beat

Stacked?  Defense wins championships and their defense is flat out garbage.  The only NHLers they have are Muzzin and Brodie, and their idiot coach barely plays Hutton, who is better than any of the other pylons he ices.  Add in a lazy floater who's scared of the puck, an AHL quality goalie getting starts instead of Andersen, and they're an absolute tire fire.