The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When you say Gadj gets challenged by the ugly clown, do you mean Tkachuk or Lucic? Gadj could take Tkpuke. Lucic? Not so sure of. 

What about the other 18 ugly clowns on the Phlegms. They’re going to feel excluded.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

This kind of crap is so revealing.

It's one thing to be critical of the team...but statements like this reflect more on you than the team.  Our so called fanbase have decided there's nothing salvageable here...that certainly doesn't make it so.

You’re fully allowed to support the Canucks if they hired a hamster to run the team next fall. Hell half of you would. 

Not everyone needs to pretend the Canucks are a model organization, let’s not even bring roster depth into this for the sake of “positivity”.

• RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

You’re fully allowed to support the Canucks if they hired a hamster to run the team next fall. Hell half of you would. 

Not everyone needs to pretend the Canucks are a model organization, let’s not even bring roster depth into this for the sake of “positivity”.

being a fan who doesn't support the team gets you where exactly?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

This team under performed this year and not because of covid. Some body's head needs be under the chopping block im good with any of 1) all the assistant coaches (underachieving defense + special teams)  2) the head coach (underachieving team) or 3) the GM (Loui contract + not finding a way to sign Toffoli) 

That's a tough take. We don't know how much Covid affected the squad.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see some coaching changes.

I think it would be smart to keep JB. He has stocked the cupboards with talent. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

To add on, Lind is also on the same boat.

So banking on injury that might not happen rather than simply keep Lind up and play him till Sunday?  

8 hours ago, Deets said:

We are in serious danger of becoming the next Calgary. They've had some good players that for whatever reason never really came together and instead underachieved until it was time to rebuild again. The Flames have only needed "a couple of solid adds to make their roster a contender" for years now.

This is a hard league and there's only a select few on top. Even fewer can be a perennial contenders like the Penguins, Blackhawks and Lightning. They become perennial contenders by making the right decisions early in their young stars career. Meanwhile, the Canucks are in the bottom 10% of the league after a 6 year rebuild, yet somehow you're suggesting the glass is 3/4 full?

We don't just need a couple solid adds, we need a few home runs before we're even in the conversation. So far Jim Benning's record has produced one disastrous move for every "hockey trade" he manages to pull off. Some may say this is league average, but many of us Canucks fans are tired of being average. Fire Benning! We want a the Cup!

I’m reading Brian Burke’s book right now and I’m on the part where Pat Quinn was hired to be GM and Burkie was brought in as assistant GM. Those two guys, while learning on the fly, really brought the Canucks out of the wilderness and into contention

Those were the days.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

This team under performed this year and not because of covid. Some body's head needs be under the chopping block im good with any of 1) all the assistant coaches (underachieving defense + special teams)  2) the head coach (underachieving team) or 3) the GM (Loui contract + not finding a way to sign Toffoli) 

"And not because of COVID"?

That's easy for you to say but the team definitely struggled and was quite open about that.  Not sure why your narrative fits more than theirs does.

We were missing Petey too....all these things do add up to something.  Not "nothing".

I'm ok with changes being made, but to overlook all that the team was up against is a head in sand deal.

• Like 1

Even Don Cherry said after one of our games around the quarter or 1/3 mark of the season when they were doing really bad before the covid incident, that he thought the Canucks looked like they were playing to fire their coach, and I had the same reaction after that one game it reminded me of when Toronto played like crap on a Saturday to send a message to fire Babcock, the Canucks did the exact same thing. 

Then big man Aquilini just had to butt in and tweet that everyone's jobs were safe, basically to stop anyone from talking about it for some reason.....

Also this might bug some but it's true, the Canucks best stretch of hockey this season and when they had a good streak going, was when EP got hurt, which was a head scratcher. 

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

1 hour ago, wloutet said:

Just heard a clip that a soccer crowd sings in the stands (Liverpool??). It was, "You'll Never Walk Alone". If the canucks fans had a song, sort of an unofficial anthem, what would it be?  And no, I don't think that , "Tanks for the Memories" is the one we would pick.

10 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Prefer this though :)

Petey's on Fire

You're defense is terrified!

Petey's on Fire

You're defense is terrified!

Na,na,na,na,na,nahh,nah

Na, na, na, na,na,nah

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's a tough take. We don't know how much Covid affected the squad.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see some coaching changes.

I think it would be smart to keep JB. He has stocked the cupboards with talent. 

We sucked before COVID, but on the plus side it gave us an extra excuse to add to the repertoire, up there with the league hates us, the refs are bribed and our schedule sucks.

11 minutes ago, mll said:

So banking on injury that might not happen rather than simply keep Lind up and play him till Sunday?  

were they planning on playing 7 d maybe? dunno, if not it doesn't make a lot of sense. Or maybe they moved Lind to the taxi squad and forgot they used all of their call ups? 

23 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

It's good and all that Gadjovich, Lockwood and Lind can get rewarded with a call-up and some practice time in the NHL, but I do wonder if this was part of the plan?

It definitely wasn't lol, benning needs help with counting now too, along with keeping track of time

24 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

It's good and all that Gadjovich, Lockwood and Lind can get rewarded with a call-up and some practice time in the NHL, but I do wonder if this was part of the plan?

If you listen to Green's pregame, with the condensed final games' schedule they were anticipating some injuries that didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Wow this thread is a complete dumpster fire.  Let's just keep posting a bunch of tweets from a bunch of nobodies on Twitter who know absolutely nothing about the inner workings of the Canucks and take it all as factual information.

If Aquilini is such a bad owner then find somebody else in the City who has $1 billion lying around and give them a call.  See if they want to buy the team.

Serious question.  If you have over $1 billion invested in an asset would you not be at the very least SOMEWHAT involved in the day to day decisions of that money?  You think a billionaire just gives his money to some idiot at the bank and says "hey, do whatever you want with it"?

Unbelievable...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, mll said:

I may be wrong but Lind was called up woth emergency recall and once Machellis was cleared to play, Lind has to be send to the taxi squad unless someone else get injured.

Man are we getting a lesson with regard to the CBA and cap this season. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1