The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Duncan Keith, Tim Soderlund to Oilers for Caleb Jones, conditional 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

The only way I can understand this move, is bringing in a winning pedigree and a highly successful dman throughout his career. They are acquiring his veteran experience to maybe help shape the inexperience on the back end. Because right now their blueline is veerrrry young and for the most part inexperienced. I think there is a lot that can be learned from Keith, like how to be a scum bag

His numbers are on decline. What’s worse is his impact on his D partner. 
If what you’re saying is the case, then EDM just wore down the contract expectations of a few upcoming FAs.

36 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Holland's best days are behind him. Picking Zadina over Hughes proved that.

One pick, that is way too early to declare an outcome on, is not  enough to throw around 'over the hill'  comments on a great G.M. imo

As an Edmonton season ticket holder, I am most baffled by this move. It seems like it is about mentoring - Broberg, Bouchard, Lagesson, Bear. Perhaps Keith gets to play with Bouchard? 

I suspect it has a lot to do with Klefbom being out long term as well so the cap issue is minor. I just figure there would have been better deals to make than that - especially with no cap retention. Certainly does not help the Oilers from a cap perspective but I suspect that Neal and Koskinen are on buyouts soon. Time will tell what the other moves will be to sort this out. But like I said, baffling. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, drofssalg said:

As an Edmonton season ticket holder, I am most baffled by this move. It seems like it is about mentoring - Broberg, Bouchard, Lagesson, Bear. Perhaps Keith gets to play with Bouchard? 

I suspect it has a lot to do with Klefbom being out long term as well so the cap issue is minor. I just figure there would have been better deals to make than that - especially with no cap retention. Certainly does not help the Oilers from a cap perspective but I suspect that Neal and Koskinen are on buyouts soon. Time will tell what the other moves will be to sort this out. But like I said, baffling. 

I get it from the veteran leadership standpoint but they move Jones to get a 37 yr old guy after watching Nurse play how many minutes during the playoffs. What's the top 4 D look like now?

Nurse - Keith

? - Bear

Love the tweet below

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

adding a washed up winner to a group of up and coming losers.

makes more sense than bringing in patrick marleau or joe thornton as veteran leadership to teach your youth how to win, but not by much. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, drofssalg said:

Who in holy hell plays defense on a Keith-Bouchard pairing?  Keith has regressed and Bouchard is unlikely to ever be able to play well enough in his own zone to be a legit NHLer.  Would love to see our guys expose that pairing.

Edited by King Heffy

5 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I get it from the veteran leadership standpoint but they move Jones to get a 37 yr old guy after watching Nurse play how many minutes during the playoffs. What's the top 4 D look like now?

Nurse - Keith

? - Bear

Love the tweet below

Keith will be 38 years old this Thursday. 

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Yesssssss, thank you Kenny Holland. Please keep it up. Much appreciated!

remember the Daniel

Keith strikes me as a player, who when his skills erode, becomes more Raffiesque

he probably won't help Edmonton win as much as he will injure all your favorite Canucks