The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

7 hours ago, mll said:

On Friday Daniel Nugent-Bowman tweeted Holland saying: "As we speak today, there’s a real possibility that Larsson wants to explore the market.”  So things changed overnight?

Well that's exciting/good news!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

4-5 million range I think unless there is a bidding war for him. Prolly will come down to fit and term.

if he makes it to UFA I put us right up there.

we will offer him:

- sedins to court him

- Top pairing with Quinn Hughes

- Vancouver is a Swedish spot

- fair $ and term 

he should be our number 1 target for this offseason.

then we can trade Schmidt for a winger which should be a lot easier than a swap for a dman 

Exciting, when you plan it out like that!  :canucks:

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

4-5 million range I think unless there is a bidding war for him. Prolly will come down to fit and term.

we will offer him:

- sedins to court him

- fair $ and term 

then we can trade Schmidt for a winger which should be a lot easier than a swap for a dman 

Totally agree. He couldn't find a better fit than to play with QH and neither can we. So unless he's destined to resign or he wants more term than five years let's get him! Will be north of 5 mil though IMO, but I'm ok with 5.5 and max five years but no more than that. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Exciting, when you plan it out like that!  :canucks:

I keep scheming 

I really want to add a Russian for Podz.

im think Nate Schmidt for Dadonov from sens. I feel the kraken will take another player. I think Dadanov is 60pt guy in the right place. He’s left handed can play both wings. He’s an SKA product and should be great for podz rookie year.

in real salary owed think it’s similar to Schmidt didn’t even check.. but he doesn’t have a lot of term. And I’d do this trade if we successfully added larsson, hamonic and edler back.

check it:

Miller-EP40-Boeser

Dadanov-Horvat-Hoglander

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

MacEwan/Highmore-Beagle/Graovac-Motte

Hughes-Larsson

Edler-Myers

Juolevi/Rathbone-Hamonic

Demko

UFA/DiPietro

Unless we could get a better guy than dadanov ofc but he was quite the player in Florida 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, R3aL said:

we will offer him:

- sedins to court him

- fair $ and term 

Never mind Vancouver is a bit nicer of a place to live :lol:

Yeah, should land in that $4-5m range, might be closer to $5 if there's a bidding war.

Then we just need one of Hamonic, Hakanpaa, Jensen, Ceci on the right, and one of Zadorov, Oleksiak, McCabe or Edler on the left to fill out the D, and trade Schmidt for a W'er in the +/- $4-5m range.

Oh and try to sign Broissoit after we move Holtby ::D

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

we will offer him:

- sedins to court him

- fair $ and term 

Crafty Jim let Marky and Tanev move to the Flamers to set a precedent for player movement in the division. Lucic goes to Calgary. All in place for Larsson to choose Vancouver.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not gonna happen.  

2022 is when we upgrade more.  Giving up any more assets this off-season would be forcing things to happen ahead of schedule.  We'll probably get one more piece on D, but I don't see how we can get another top 6 piece without mortgaging the future. 

Idk - if he ends up getting Seattle to take Holtby, and makes a Schmidt trade happen, we'll see the big changes we need without giving up many assets - the UFA pool this year is pretty stacked. 
Replaces Schmidt with a proper shutdown D man (like Oleksiak - and he'll come in for less than Schmidt), and have 4-5m to spend on a top 6. If Edler's going to walk too, he's going to need 2 more D men that can play on the PK.
Our D is gonna be less offensively capable, so getting either another top 6, or someone on the third line who can provide some offense is gonna be necessary.

Hughes-Oleksiak
Shutdown guy-Myers
Rathbone-Shutdown guy 

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Idk - if he ends up getting Seattle to take Holtby, and makes a Schmidt trade happen, we'll see the big changes we need without giving up many assets - the UFA pool this year is pretty stacked. 
Replaces Schmidt with a proper shutdown D man (like Oleksiak - and he'll come in for less than Schmidt), and have 4-5m to spend on a top 6. If Edler's going to walk too, he's going to need 2 more D men that can play on the PK.
Our D is gonna be less offensively capable, so getting either another top 6, or someone on the third line who can provide some offense is gonna be necessary.

Hughes-Oleksiak
Shutdown guy-Myers
Rathbone-Shutdown guy 

in theory it's pretty easy but it's actually more complex and more difficult to get this done. I bet that some D-Men we are talking about here will be extended by the teams they are currently under contract.

Just consider this tweet from Drance as an indication how difficult it is to move out salary. Despite discussions with several teams Canucks couldn't make the deals they might have envisioned.

Oilers and Larsson's camp are working really hard to get a deal done. For me it sounds like they will get an extension done. In terms of money and term it has already been reported that Oilers and Larsson's camp are "in the same ballpark". Obviously both parties need some more time to figure out the last details of the deal.

"I'm not pretty confident, but I'm not not confident," Oilers general manager Ken Holland said of being able to re-sign Larsson earlier this week.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman of The Athletic reported earlier in July that Larsson's agent, J.P. Barry is seeking some term on Larsson's next deal.

"We're making progress on a contract. We just need to talk [more]," Barry said via Nugent-Bowman. "Sometimes teams like to move quicker than player. He's just thinking about everything. We're getting there. There are a few things we can still discuss."

1 minute ago, Convincing John said:

I wish we could’ve got someone good at face offs. The more I think about this trade the more I hate it. 

Dickinson can learn from Horvat and Beagle. I'm pretty sure he's willing to learn. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Noseforthenet said:

Since somehow this thread got de-railed into talking about finding a hard hitting defenseman, how far off is Jett Woo? I always thought him being NHL read would be the perfect partner for Hughes.

He played pretty well for Utica last year, but it wasn't a lot of games. He still has room to grow at the AHL level and needs to play as much as possible. I don't think he will challenge for an NHL job at camp this year, but likely will in 2022.