The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

4 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

What debate? He presented a fact and you couldn't deal with it. Cry more.

What he used 3 players... You both are going to tell me Benning has only ever signed 3 RFA in his 7 years here and not over paid on any... And then the UFA players he has signed over the 7 years don't matter, because he signed 3 RFA players to decent contracts, Brock shouldn't be making more then Horvat but whatever. Like I said I'm not having this endless debate period, deal with it kid.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Just where did you see somebody say that?

Omg can we just drop this.

The original quote from Hefty was those 3, he didn't use anyone else those 3, the other poster wanted it to be addressed again, I'm not into a debate on this issue why can't it be just dropped? Why is this so hard? Why do people want me and Hefty debating this so badly? I'm not doing it. I don't want to be stuck on here for hours tbh.

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Omg can we just drop this.

The original quote from Hefty was those 3, he didn't use anyone else those 3, the other poster wanted it to be addressed again, I'm not into a debate on this issue why can't it be just dropped? Why is this so hard? Why do people want me and Hefty debating this so badly? I'm not doing it. I don't want to be stuck on here for hours tbh.

That is correct Heffy used 3 rfa's, he did not use anymore, also correct.

However at no time did he say those were the only rfa's that J.B. re-signed.

31 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

I also read that if Price was picked in the expansion that Montreal was probably going to offer sheet Petey with the extra money, may not happen now?

Well. Where is the cap space for them to do it? 

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Why?  Depth is far more important than 1-2 players taking up a huge chunk of your cap

What is this depth you speak of?  It was a lack of depth that hurt us last year and we just traded away most of those veteran depth players.  At some point we need to have top tier players to build around.  Petey and Hughes would appear to be those kind of guys.  

5 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Why does everyone assume the offer sheet would come from Mtl? I'm more worried about Seattle: all that cap space, looking to make a splash and screw over a division rival in the process...

If Seattle did it then I'd seriously consider letting Petey sign it.

Two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd from them, plus all that space to sign someone? That's a thinker.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If Seattle did it then I'd seriously consider letting Petey sign it.

Two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd from them, plus all that space to sign someone? That's a thinker.

Like Landeskog, if he doesn't sign the 7x7 offer from the Avs.

But facing Petey 7 times a season for the next 6 or 7 years...

My take on the possibility of a Petey offer sheet:

One Petey won't sign it.

Two even if he did Nux will match.

Three that's why JB cleared space today.

The risk will dissipate in a few days. and then a deal will be done when JB can go back to Petey's douchie agent and say ok.  That didn't happen so let's get this done.

Why don't we have a thread that discusses the douchiness of the agents out there? Lol.

51 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Like Landeskog, if he doesn't sign the 7x7 offer from the Avs.

But facing Petey 7 times a season for the next 6 or 7 years...

Excellent point. I think Pettersson is going to be a really amazing player. But Landeskog would be a truly savvy signing in such an event. 

IMO if Pettersson gets an offer sheet, he signs it. Let's say hes offered 10M a season... he'd be dumb not to sign it.

Moreover, players are taught to take the money more and more these days. Especially with agents constantly in their ears.

Regardless, we'll match any offer. Seattle does scare me though. Francis will be looking to make a splash after he bombed the E.D.