The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'll have some bad feelings.  It's a team game and if you don't have depth, you don't win.  

I don’t begrudge you on that. I just also don’t mind players trying to make the most of their earnings opportunities… there aren’t too many McKinnon’s out there who are willing to make significant less in order to get knocked out of the playoffs early every year :ph34r:  

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dahlen was hunted online? You realize the online "hunters" who "hunted" Dahlen, are people free to make up their own minds regarding what they do with their free time? Benning didn't stand at a pulpit and sic his online hunters on Dahlen. The hyperbole here is laughable. 

Sorry, but you diminishing what your GM did is just sad.

No player should be bullied online because the GM is a dip$&!#. 

Petey knows what happened and a bit more than you and I know. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Timråfan said:

Sorry, but you diminishing what your GM did is just sad.

No player should be shastigated online because the GM is a dip$&!#. 

Petey knows what happened and a bit more than you and I know. 

Please provide history of this online hunting and shastigation (whatever the hell that is) that caused Dahlen to have to hide from the online "hunters". 

• Thanks 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Please provide history of this online hunting and shastigation (whatever the hell that is) that caused Dahlen to have to hide from the online "hunters". 

You have been here all the time I've been so you can go through old posts or articles online yourself.

As you know it's not exactly the first time I talked about this. B)

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

You have been here all the time I've been so you can go through old posts or articles online yourself.

So, you can't provide any proof. Just as I suspected. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

I haven't heard you talk about it and I missed whatever JB did.

Can you provide a link or something?

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Honestly don't remember anything bad that JB said about Dahlen.  

If you can't provide a link, can you at least paraphrase what JB did?

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I haven't heard you talk about it and I missed whatever JB did.

Can you provide a link or something?

https://veritascyber.com/former-canucks-prospect-deletes-social-media-after-vancouver-fans-cyber-bully-him/

This bullying came after Benning talked about entitled young players, probably refering to Dahlen and Palmu.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So, you can't provide any proof. Just as I suspected. 

A friendlier, not so in love with Benning as you has got a nice little link. 

I thought you knew me better than so... Can't provide proof... Kindergarten trash talk. 

• RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Well.... Let's think about this.   Our team last year, which for sure is worse then the one we have this year, without EP, clawed their way back.   I personally believe aside from a select few superstars, the best value is found in the middle range.  That's the 5-7 range.   EPs also been sheltered with Miller - a perfect example of value - and Horvat another value deal ... what has EP really done that is dramatically different than any of them?   Does he deserve to get paid 50% more then them?  No he does not.   Yes maybe 20%.    RFAs aren't supposed to make UFA money either.   But somehow, even with flat cap, GMs just can't help themselves.  Sakic is screwing up all the good work he did at the moment. 

I mean he's 22 years old and has franchise to elite centerman potential but ok sure 

Edited by awalk

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

https://veritascyber.com/former-canucks-prospect-deletes-social-media-after-vancouver-fans-cyber-bully-him/

This bullying came after Benning talked about entitled young players, probably refering to Dahlen and Palmu.

So it's the fans that went after him.  But I still don't recall JB talking about entitlement.  Unless you think players should be gifted a spot instead of having to earn a roster spot.

Soo, he didn't say anything about Dahlen?

But fans thought he might be referencing him?

Seems like the kid got trolled because a trade request rumour surfaced to me. 

So Dahlen wanted to leave the Canucks. Benning did his best to accommodate his wishes, and then social media coyotes went after Dahlen for quitting on the Canucks and their fans, but it's somehow Bennings fault? Now Pettersson is going to not sign with the Canucks because Benning gave his friend exactly what he wanted?

Jeez

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

A friendlier, not so in love with Benning as you has got a nice little link. 

Where's the nice little link? Is it hiding from the online hunters too?

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

I thought you knew me better than so... Can't provide proof... Kindergarten trash talk. 

Did I call you a stinky poo poo face? No, I didn't. I've kept it above the kindergarten level, even if you are a stinky poo poo face. 

30 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, Miller is a more egoistic crash and burn player.

Petey gets better and better and better and better... 

Those two aren't comparable. 

What does that have anything to do with what i was saying?    If EP makes 8-9 he better run his own line without Miller and get 100 points or he's not getting us the same value which was my point.   It's usually the guys in the mid range that do it.   Really seriously doubt EP is ready to have the cord cut yet, as in not having Miller there to help him.   Hope he is though.