The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Flames are a mess.

Rate this topic

I think that last year the Flames said “How do we get better?” and the only response they could think of was sign Vancouver players tells you they are a mess. 
I mean if I am looking for a successful team to emulate Benning’s Canucks would be pretty low down my list. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 5

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Those players had just pushed Vegas to a Game 7.  Not every thread is an opening to whine about Benning.

As for the OP, they're screwed.  They still have Monahan and Gaudreau who refuse to backcheck, they lost their captain, and they still have a locker room cancer who cheapshots opponents and cries like a baby when his teammates tell him to play like a man.

They need to trade Monahan and Gaudreau and rebuild.  Keep Tkachuk for now.  They cannot win with this core.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Those players had just pushed Vegas to a Game 7.  Not every thread is an opening to whine about Benning.

As for the OP, they're screwed.  They still have Monahan and Gaudreau who refuse to backcheck, they lost their captain, and they still have a locker room cancer who cheapshots opponents and cries like a baby when his teammates tell him to play like a man.

Man, can’t even joke on this board without someone getting huffy.  maybe it should be Princess Huffy. 
I have teenage daughters that are less dramatic than most of the posters here. 

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 5

23 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Simpsons Mr Burns GIF - Simpsons MrBurns Excellent - Discover & Share GIFs  | Mr burns excellent, Simpson, Gummies

I hope every single Calgary Flame..especially the turn coats...has the worst season of their lives. Then the team implodes, arena collapses and that $&!# hole city is attacked by savage zombie rodeo animals. Their entire city is razed to the ground and covered in zombie cow manure.  Then we make friends with the zombie rodeo animals and secretly send them after the ruling class. 

I do like the part of attacking the ruling class.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

I think they have just enough character players in the most important positions to be competitive and surprise for a part if the season but injuries will most likely hit.  They don't have good depth to overcome them.  So yah, they probably won't make the playoffs but will be close (end up picking 13-14 in draft next year).  

Love it!!!!!

:towel:

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Flames in trouble.

Oilers in trouble

Leafs in trouble.

I don't see the problem.:)

Thank you. Every one (rightfully) rags on Benning and Canucks management, but they act everyone else is a model franchise, when in reality all the other Canadian teams are their own dumpster fires in their own special ways.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

The difference between Canadian and American teams is that when a rebuild is required, they won't do it.  It's fear of fanbase rebellion.  

One of the issues the Flames had was their 1D was substantially older than the core.  Now he's gone.  D is now a little thin and they must be counting on the top guys staying healthy.

They haven't had a 1C for some time.  Monahan and Backlund are serviceable 2C's 

They're ok in goal now which was a big achievement last year.  Something that was lacking since Kiprosov

The thing now is that it's very difficult to trade for a 1C or 1D and as long as they're stuck in the middle of the pack, they won't likely be drafting one.  It's the same old story for Canadian teams.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Man, can’t even joke on this board without someone getting huffy.  maybe it should be Princess Huffy. 
I have teenage daughters that are less dramatic than most of the posters here. 

Not cool.

You better get your itch checked out.

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

I think that last year the Flames said “How do we get better?” and the only response they could think of was sign Vancouver players tells you they are a mess. 
I mean if I am looking for a successful team to emulate Benning’s Canucks would be pretty low down my list. 

Some of those signings were an improvement to their team. Markstrom and Tanev (when healthy) are both upgrades for last years Dcore and Goalie positions

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

presently sits with 12m in capspace with 6 roster positions to sign.

Who are the 6 guys though?

Zadorov

Valimaki

Dube 

Kylington (pfft)

Mackey (meh)

Gawdin (who?)

Not exactly high profile players. 

I dislike the Flames a lot, like any decent Canuck fan should, but they did bring in Zadorov, Coleman and Pitlick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Flames in trouble. - Grade: B

Oilers in trouble - Grade: B+

Leafs in trouble. - Grade: C+

I don't see the problem.:)

How dare you disagree with the heroes on Sportsnet. The above is the Sportsnet value. For reference the Canucks were the worst and got Grade: D+

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-free-agency-grades-evaluating-canadian-team-day-1/

• Haha 2