The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

Just tuning in (finally). Caught last 2 min of first period. Looks pretty scrambly out there - guys out of position chasing the puck. What's the summary so far? Sounds like Rathbone and Boeser with the goals? Any work on the PK?

First 10 minutes we were on our heels a bit but settled down after we scored.

Rathbone good offensively, not so much defensively that period.

OJ quiet thus far.

Hunt having a good game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I thought he was the steadiest dman out there in the first.  Great breakout passes and solid PK.  I don't think we have much to worry about with him

First post thats made any sense so far. Rathbone is an offensive juggernaut. needs work on his defensive game big time. he losses the puck in his feet and cant out muscle guys along the boards. Two bad break out passes below our hashmarks . On the powerplay... amazing. Hes also got all the time in the world to make those plays. the bigger picture though ... i bet Trent Cull is loving this game.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Roberts said:

i thought his name was Silvos when the game started, and i still hear "Sill-vose" in my head. gonna take some time :lol:

I’m actually surprised about “Silovs” spelling of his last name. It’s actually pronounced as “Shilovs” properly 

Rathbone looks great. Actually feeds Boeser the puck on the PP. Exactly how it should be instead of Boeser net front. Thought Lockwood looked great (speed and physicality) although he made a pass to the middle on the breakout, instead of going off the boards. Saw him on the PK and man that would be sweet with him and Motte

• Like 2

Great start, will be interesting how the young Canucks respond from a bigger push in the 2nd and 3rs.

There are too many good vets on the Kraken, that they will settle in and pour on the pressure. Looking forward to see how this young group responds. Thought they looked a tad nervous to start but were opportunistic with their chances. 

Seattle made some errors but have been carrying the play for the most part. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

Rathbone looks great. Actually feeds Boeser the puck on the PP. Exactly how it should be instead of Boeser net front. Thought Lockwood looked great (speed and physicality) although he made a pass to the middle on the breakout, instead of going off the boards. Saw him on the PK and man that would be sweet with him and Motte

Agree and really like lockwood, But pizza looks good as well. And knowing greener he will go with experience