The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, -DLC- said:

But I AM a homer.

I don't invest too much energy at being upset after the fact anymore and have really adopted "it is what it is".  Greiss stood on his head and we could have easily won that game....but didn't.  Lots of shots, good energy but have to find a way to get it PAST the goaltender.  Those toe saves though....

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

As much as some posters on here would like to think the contrary, we are looking extremely good to start the season.

Elite OEL is back and that change alone has made our team so much better 

Yep, I really like how the team is shaping up, and if they can play like they did in Detroit on more nights than not, good things are coming our way this season. I think the boys were pretty pissed to lose that game and I fully expect them to take it out on the Sabres.

• Like 1

So...I slogged my way through all 29 pages and I'm reminded of why I rarely post in PGTs after a loss...

I agree the reffing could have been better, but people are acting like we saw a repeat of the Canucks - Sharks playoff series. It wasn't nearly that bad. Garland on Zadina was questionable, but as I said at the time, when a player is down after a hit, the zebras will almost always find a reason to make a penalty call. It doesn't matter if it's the home team or the visitors. It's been pretty much a guaranteed call for a decade.

The disallowed goal was the correct call. The white or blue paint is irrelevant. Hogs has to get out of the way. Honestly, I thought the worst call was the phantom offside.....

Officiating aside, I just have to SMH at the "fire the coach" and general angst after a mere three games into the season. How about we give it a few weeks, boys and girls? We haven't even played a home game yet....:rolleyes:

BTW, I agree that the PP isn't very good. Too many players standing still....but....again, 3 games.....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Vintage 1

We need to establish a net front presence . That’s something we hadn’t had in years. Bertuzzi in my opinion was the last player in my memory. All these wasted shots from the blue line when the keeper has eyes on it drives me insane. This is what’s missing on the pp,plan and simple . Not stand off to the side( Pearson) and hope to tip but actually SCREEN until after the shot is sent then look for rebounds.

44 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

We need to establish a net front presence . That’s something we hadn’t had in years. Bertuzzi in my opinion was the last player in my memory. All these wasted shots from the blue line when the keeper has eyes on it drives me insane. This is what’s missing on the pp,plan and simple . Not stand off to the side( Pearson) and hope to tip but actually SCREEN until after the shot is sent then look for rebounds.

This is definitely an issue with pp failure. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Officiating aside, I just have to SMH at the "fire the coach" and general angst after a mere three games into the season. How about we give it a few weeks, boys and girls? We haven't even played a home game yet....:rolleyes:

BTW, I agree that the PP isn't very good. Too many players standing still....but....again, 3 games.....

13EC7A42-B8AA-4CD7-BE83-3AACEE4F61AA.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dannydog said:

We got chasion now 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

John Garrett update:

all that food looks mediocre at best. basic frozen fries, old celery, tiny wings. that meal is likely 35$

i'm really in love with nando's right now. *** they have a special going on skip the dishes where you get a BOGO chicken sandwich and side, really recommend the vegetables. two chicken sandwiches and two sides for 13.50 plus delivery and tip is a solid deal.

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

all that food looks mediocre at best. basic frozen fries, old celery, tiny wings. that meal is likely 35$

i'm really in love with nando's right now. *** they have a special going on skip the dishes where you get a BOGO chicken sandwich and side, really recommend the vegetables. two chicken sandwiches and two sides for 13.50 plus delivery and tip is a solid deal.

am I getting targeted advertising on cdc now too?

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So...I slogged my way through all 29 pages and I'm reminded of why I rarely post in PGTs after a loss...

I agree the reffing could have been better, but people are acting like we saw a repeat of the Canucks - Sharks playoff series. It wasn't nearly that bad. Garland on Zadina was questionable, but as I said at the time, when a player is down after a hit, the zebras will almost always find a reason to make a penalty call. It doesn't matter if it's the home team or the visitors. It's been pretty much a guaranteed call for a decade.

The disallowed goal was the correct call. The white or blue paint is irrelevant. Hogs has to get out of the way. Honestly, I thought the worst call was the phantom offside.....

Did you catch the missed call when we got a PP for the hold on Rathbone with 6 min left in the game? 

In the Det zone, Fabbri gave Garland a two hander right in front of the refs. They didn't call it because Canucks were already about to go on the PP.

A 5 on 3 with 6 minutes left and siren by 1 could have changed the game completely  

4 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Well played game, entertaining,  37 shots, dominated for long periods, game tying goal called off, 3 games in 4 nights

Yet your like a broken record constantly dishing wining and complaining about our AHL coach. Doesn't adapt, loves plugs, no chances for skilled players? Ask Petey and our skilled players if they get NO chance on our team.

Go canucks go 

uh huh 37 shots against an ahl team? dominated in the first period. and we blame it on the ref just like every other game this season lol.. what about the non existent powerplay? what about the non existent offense all of preseason and 2 of the 3 games so far? maybe all 3 games if hart didn't let beach balls in during that 2nd period. grats we dominated an AHL team grats we still haven't played a full 60 mins game in any of the regular season/preseason and end of last season yet, and which skilled players other than EP and Hughes get chances on this team? last i checked hoglander is on a 3rd line with checkers while Chiasson is playing PP1 extra men top line mins etc etc. oh and podz? his reward for scoring a goal last game? glue to the bench for the entire 3rd period.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

uh huh 37 shots against an ahl team? dominated in the first period. and we blame it on the ref just like every other game this season lol.. what about the non existent powerplay? what about the non existent offense all of preseason and 2 of the 3 games so far? maybe all 3 games if hart didn't let beach balls in during that 2nd period. grats we dominated an AHL team grats we still haven't played a full 60 mins game in any of the regular season/preseason and end of last season yet, and which skilled players other than EP and Hughes get chances on this team? last i checked hoglander is on a 3rd line with checkers while Chiasson is playing PP1 extra men top line mins etc etc. oh and podz? his reward for scoring a goal last game? glue to the bench for the entire 3rd period.

Greiss is a good goalie. Had a .927 save % a couple of years ago but has always been quite good. Happens.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dannydog said:

Kesler had a tendency to park his butt in front of the crease on the power play if I recall correctly. 

If we get 3 points out of the next three road games, I’ll be happy. Tough to go into 3 buildings where it’s filled with fans for the first time in 18 months. And 3 home openers to boot. The only guy to play in front of an audience last year was Podz I believe. Tough breaks all around last night. But hopefully we will benefit from some also. With all the money being spent on the team and maybe half full Rogers Arena for the first bunch of games. Aquillini might be hesitant to let Green go and pay for another coach. They lost enough money last year.