The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Hawks Nov 21 5pm SNP chaisson appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Odd.

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hansen is a good example of a good support player.   We've had better but he was good for us for a long time which carries more weight.    I personally liked Sergio Momesso .... probably my favourite support player all time ... kept Ronning safe.   

That's the thing.  It's all well to have elite talent/prospects but you have to surround them with decent support players.  Look at the Oilers as an example of what not to do.

Momesso also kept Linden safe.  Back when Keith Tka-chunk was in actual game shape, he'd attempt to start a fight with Linden (knowing he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag).  Momesso would come in like a sheriff & straighten him out when this happened on the ice. 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hansen is a good example of a good support player.   We've had better but he was good for us for a long time which carries more weight.    I personally liked Sergio Momesso .... probably my favourite support player all time ... kept Ronning safe.   

Thanks for the compliment. I was always a team first guy. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

There are plenty of idiots who never deserved Eddie, I miss the guy. 

I am fine with him gone. We have OEL that actually gets puck through bodies and not into shinpads. Besides, it's probably best for Edler to be away from this gong show. He took enough beatings from "idiots" like me over the years. And he can play in a lowkey market with a lesser role. He's down to about 18-19 minutes a game. Much better than the 22-24 he played here. Which I always said would be best. He was asked to do too much here. And he suffered for it.

• Like 1

Nice to see them snap the losing streak unfortunately that means both JB and TG are still here, and one game means nothing, watching the replay they got lucky....still plenty of giveaways and Bad D ...that the Jets didn't convert thanks to Demko and the hockey gods. and now an equally lousy team comes to town...a toss up of who will makes the least amount of mistakes to win it, ..if I was still there I certainly wouldn't be paying to watch this game....but hey it could be an entertaining high scoring affair or a lopsided victory who knows....

18 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am fine with him gone. We have OEL that actually gets puck through bodies and not into shinpads. Besides, it's probably best for Edler to be away from this gong show. He took enough beatings from "idiots" like me over the years. And he can play in a lowkey market with a lesser role. He's down to about 18-19 minutes a game. Much better than the 22-24 he played here. Which I always said would be best. He was asked to do too much here. And he suffered for it.

plus OEL doesn't break his stick every second time he touches the puck

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks
8:00 PM EST

REFEREES

Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg
Reid Anderson #49
RA49.jpg
Games ’21-22 15 8
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 52 / 4 12 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 383 / 0 63 / 0
First NHL Game 1/17/15 3/21/18
Birthplace Milverton, ON Calgary, AB
Goals/Gm 6.1 (8) 7.0 (1)
PP/Gm 2.8 (29) 3.3 (4)
Penl/Gm 3.2 (33) 3.9 (6)
PIM/Gm 7.5 (33) 8.5 (15)
% of Penl on Home 50.0% (13) 52.0% (2)
More Penl on Rd % -1.0% (28) -8.0% (38)
Home Win % 60.0% (6) 58.0% (12)
Home Rec. 31-21 7-5
OT/SO Games 13.0% (39) 8.0% (43)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2019-20 32% 39% 28% 40% 35% 25%
Team Records 19-20 18-19 17-18 19-20 18-19 17-18
CHI 1-2 2-3 2-2 0-0 1-0 0-0
VAN 3-2 2-3 0-4 1-0 0-1 0-0

LINESMEN

Vaughan Rody #73
VR73.jpg
Trent Knorr #74
2021_TK74.jpg
Games ’21-22 15 16
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 5 49 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1175 / 24 493 / 20
First NHL Game 10/8/00 11/13/13
Birthplace Winnipeg, MB Powell River, BC

I don't know who these guys are, which is a good sign.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

He could he played a lesser role here as well, and should have been retained imo. I'd sooner have him that Pearson, he ate heavy minutes for us for years with a questionable amount of support. 

But what's done is done.