The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

So maybe the way to go about this trade is accepting that the Rags won't trade Schneider.  Trade for Kaako +

Cuylle or Othmann + Chytil and then package one of them in a trade to acquire another great young RD.

Three team trade in the offing maybe?

So maybe the way to go about this trade is accepting that the Rags won't trade Schneider.  Trade for Kaako +

Cuylle or Othmann + Chytil and then package one of them in a trade to acquire another great young RD.

Got to give to get.  If they won't include Schneider, there are other teams that will be interested.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

See what you're saying, I don't think Lundkvist fits our teams need either, but RD is the hardest position in the league to find outside of maybe a C. Might have a better chance doing a hockey trade of RD prospect for RD prospect that fits the teams need better. I'm sure lots of teams could use a blue chip (or at least close to blue chip) RD puck moving prospect.

And then who knows, maybe he develops into a way that he does fit the team and we get what we need. Just feels like a D prospect must be one of thing returns for Miller to me.

OK then... Kaako (from the Miller trade) + Shenn  for  Vilardi(C-r) + Helge Grans (RD)

He'll (Grans)walk the offensive blue line with the puck on his stick with relative ease; and he can mitigate risk while maintaining an aggressive, space-consuming posture when defending the defensive blue line. He skates well, has a long reach, an active stick, and good habits with his footwork. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

• Cheers 1

Not feeling enthusiastic about Lundkvist; he's too small for a defence that includes Rathbone and Hughes.  I think

the gm, armed with a really good FW prospect + whatever, can find a young RD with the appropriate physic to be

Quinn's d partner.

A) Rathbone isn’t small

b) I suppose you don’t like Colorado’s defence then. Quick puck moving mobile defence man are what teams are building towards 

c) Lundkvist had the best U20 defenceman stats in the SHL ever

19 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If the Miller discussions fall through, I am curious if NY would trade Pearson for Kravtsov directly?  The long road of McCann for Kravtsov.......

Depends.

How does Matt Bartkowski’s mom feel about Kravstov??

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

A) Rathbone isn’t small

b) I suppose you don’t like Colorado’s defence then. Quick puck moving mobile defence man are what teams are building towards 

What's your definition of small? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

what if we did the lundkvist, kratsov and a 1st deal but with a condition if the rangers make it to to the stanley cup, we get a conditional second ?.

i love to gamba

A conditional Lundkvist... if they win the Cup, Lundkvist turns into Schneider. 

Yes... yes, we send Lundkvist back and get Schneider :P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

A) Rathbone isn’t small

a) Rathbone at 5'10 is small for a D.

b) Avs have 2d under d under 6'.  Considering one of them is Makar, that's not bad.

c) I'm sure he is a good player, but he probably wouldn't be paired with Quinn (or Rathbone).

Can't leave Quinn with Shenn, Hamonic or Poolman type players indefinitely.  He needs a partner

that can play both offensive and defensive game and be  physically aggressive in the d-zone. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

a) Rathbone at 5'10 is small for a D.

b) Avs have 2d under d under 6'.  Considering one of them is Makar, that's not bad.

c) I'm sure he is a good player, but he probably wouldn't be paired with Quinn (or Rathbone).

Can't leave Quinn with Shenn, Hamonic or Poolman type players indefinitely.  He needs a partner

that can play both offensive and defensive game and be  physically aggressive in the d-zone. 

Isn't he like 5'9 actually, and 190lbs? That's pretty damn small.

Just now, HKSR said:

A conditional Lundkvist... if they win the Cup, Lundkvist turns into Schneider. 

Yes... yes, we send Lundkvist back and get Schneider :P

i thought about that, but having a player on the roster who knows about the considerations could cause some funny outcomes. imagine it thes semi finals game 7 and schiender gets a shift and "whoops" just misses a check. 

but i'm sure you're just kidding.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, he replaced Edler with OEL. He did however fail to replace Juolevi when he crapped the bed, in his commitment and conditioning.

IMO... Chytil, Schneider and conditional 1st/2nd.

Or Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and one or two of Othmann/Robertson/Barron.

If we're retaining, or adding Motte etc, add accordingly.

The problem with JB was that he was overly optimistic. 

He let Edler walk thinking OEL, Juolevi, and Rathbone will replace some of Edler's minutes. Well, OEL did replace Edler's 5-on-5 minutes but I don't think OEL replaces Edler's PK abilities. OEL is OK at PK whereas Edler is excellent at PK. And PK was the downfall of his and Green's Canucks. 

He let Toffoli walk thinking Virtanen will be a 20 goal scorer. Well, that failed pretty badly. 

I'll be fair and say that some did work out. Like Demko replacing Marky.

37 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

A) Rathbone isn’t small

You’re right.  Rathbone isn’t small. 
He is tiny.      5’9”- 5’-10” is very small, especially for a Dman.  

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, he replaced Edler with OEL. He did however fail to replace Juolevi when he crapped the bed, in his commitment and conditioning.

IMO... Chytil, Schneider and conditional 1st/2nd.

Or Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and one or two of Othmann/Robertson/Barron.

If we're retaining, or adding Motte etc, add accordingly.

Any chance Pitt could jump in here, do they have anything of value?