The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Wild - Canucks Miller moved

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes to moving any player, if the return improves the team.

This. The only untouchables on the team for me would be Demko and Hughes, because I view them as irreplaceable. But if Gretzky can be traded anyone can be.

You're not getting a Demko type talent via trade or UFA on his contract, and every team that doesn't have a Hughes type talent would love to acquire one. 

But no player is more important than the organization's future, and I'd take a longer competitive window over a shorter one.

I don't mind folks not wanting to trade Miller, what I mind is folks pretending there aren't viable reasons to move him. If folks want to keep him that's on them, but don't pretend there aren't viable reasons for him to be moved. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes to moving any player, if the return improves the team.

But this poster does not want to see improvement. I posted no to a trade that causes the team to step back and he gave it a what. The poster is not a fan of the Canucks. He is a fan of the Canucks being at the bottom or he is a fan of chasing shiny draft picks.

24 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

But this poster does not want to see improvement. I posted no to a trade that causes the team to step back and he gave it a what. The poster is not a fan of the Canucks. He is a fan of the Canucks being at the bottom or he is a fan of chasing shiny draft picks.

There's a lot of that about.....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's a lot of that about.....

Perhaps we shouldn’t question peoples fandoms here when they already take their time to create a thread on their favoured teams forums about their own ideas of how the improve the team in what they perceive in the long-run.

Isn’t that why these forums are created? To share different ideas?  Anything otherwise would be pretty unacceptabing other people’s opinions and would go against the entire purpose of this site. 

You can state your disagreements with peoples opinions, no problem, but questioning someone’s fandom over opinions you don’t agree isn’t a substantial or credible arguement. 

We all in the end have the same goal(the cup) but different ideas and timelines to get there. Let’s not forget that fact. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Perhaps we shouldn’t question peoples fandoms here when they already take their time to create a thread on their favoured teams forums about their own ideas of how the improve the team in what they perceive in the long-run.

Isn’t that why these forums are created? To share different ideas?  Anything otherwise would be pretty unacceptabing other people’s opinions and would go against the entire purpose of this site. 

You can state your disagreements with peoples opinions, no problem, but questioning someone’s fandom over opinions you don’t agree isn’t a substantial or credible arguement. 

We all in the end have the same goal(the cup) but different ideas and timelines to get there. Let’s not forget that fact. 

Absolutely, one can debate and argue points without making it personal or going after someone else's fandom. Doing so hurts one's credibility and makes the one doing so look like an asshole. 

I see them trading Boeser or Pettersson before Miller.  If the goal is to turn this team into an aggressive, physical, hard to play against playoff team, they'll need Miller.  I'd be okay trading Boeser for a good Top 4 Dman.  As for his value, it's still pretty high IMO. Other teams know how deadly he can be with his shot. 

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I see them trading Boeser or Pettersson before Miller.  If the goal is to turn this team into an aggressive, physical, hard to play against playoff team, they'll need Miller.  I'd be okay trading Boeser for a good Top 4 Dman.  As for his value, it's still pretty high IMO. Other teams know how deadly he can be with his shot. 

This makes more sense. I am so tired of being the REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS! 

Build this team so that they will have the ability to adapt to any type of game thrown at them, post season. Boeser is not very fast and Pettersson is not very physical. 

When they are the "Go To" guys in the playoffs, we will get beat by the faster, more physical and aggressive teams.

We would need to know Miller's intentions on resigning though. If it's not reasonable, we will have to look at moving him anyway. 

I am good with whatever improves the teams chances in the playoffs.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Miller is 28. He is playing the best hockey of his career. He will likely be a ppg player for the next 2 years as we start to compete.

yah let’s trade him for the ‘future’....

Honestly after this season that might be our best option.  He'll want to cash in on his next deal and will likely price himself out.  
Unless we can move expensive secondary guys like Hamonic/ Poolman/ Dickinson/ Pearson/ Myers(?) we should look at moving one of JT/ Brock/ Bo (who will all need new contracts soon enough and can bring in quality returns).

Core: Demko, Hughes, Garland, Petey (plus quality ELC's in Hoglander/ Podkolzin), OEL (won't be able to move him, also playing well)

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Vancouver gets

Victor Rask

Carson Lambos 

2022 Wild 1st round pick 

2023 Wild  2nd round pick 

Kaapo Kahkonen

Minnesota gets

JT Miller 

Luke Schenn

Jaroslav Halak

Jet Woo

Never happen. 

When is the last time we saw a 9 player trade. Not even a little bit realistic imo.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

agree

miller does it all

bossier is one dimensional, if he is not scoring with his shot or a tap in he is useless, a little bit like Kessel, who when he won a cup, was on the third line with Bonino and hagelin.

I would do bosser for dumb and a 2nd

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

agree

miller does it all

bossier is one dimensional, if he is not scoring with his shot or a tap in he is useless, a little bit like Kessel, who when he won a cup, was on the third line with Bonino and hagelin.

Assuming Bossy & Trottier's genes have been spliced to produce Bossier! we gotta be all over this kid! Draft him early!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, FaninMex said:

CDC and their need for draft picks.

We are trying to win not rebuild. We do not need picks

The only time we don’t need draft picks is when we have generational talent like Crosby and Malkin on the team. 

We do not have generational talent like that on our roster

So yes, we need picks. 

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

This. The only untouchables on the team for me would be Demko and Hughes, because I view them as irreplaceable. But if Gretzky can be traded anyone can be.

You're not getting a Demko type talent via trade or UFA on his contract, and every team that doesn't have a Hughes type talent would love to acquire one. 

But no player is more important than the organization's future, and I'd take a longer competitive window over a shorter one.

I don't mind folks not wanting to trade Miller, what I mind is folks pretending there aren't viable reasons to move him. If folks want to keep him that's on them, but don't pretend there aren't viable reasons for him to be moved. 

I agree that Demko is almost irreplaceable. Though you have a point. If Gretzky can be traded and has been, nobody is considered untouchable. If the price is right, of course. 

I think Miller is a good asset for the team. I know he’s a guy that drives the lines, but we have to consider the team’s competitive window as well as their future. Miller is not bigger than the team as a whole. Your right on that. And I also think that Miller can get us a pretty big haul. If we can get a RHD for Miller and a couple more pieces, isn’t that what we take? We are a little less better on the forwards, but we get better on defense. It’s all about give and take on the roster. Right now, we’ve got a pretty good top 9 as it stands (not the best, but it’s good), but our defense needs work. We need quality, and the previous regime hasn’t done us any favors by getting mediocre defenseman, other than Hughes.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

agree

miller does it all

I’m not convinced that the organization thinks Pettersson should be traded. I think he’s going to be a very good player in the league. Miller will be 30 by the time his current contract is over. Is he going to continue to produce at the rate that we’re used to the last two seasons, moving forward? 

Petey, I still believe in him, and think he’s going to be a top 10 player in the league. He’s too good not to be. Boeser is the question mark for me. He’s a good goal scorer, and has a wicked shot. But if he’s not scoring, what else is he doing on the team? He doesn’t kill penalties, sooooo

40 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree that Demko is almost irreplaceable. Though you have a point. If Gretzky can be traded and has been, nobody is considered untouchable. If the price is right, of course. 

I think Miller is a good asset for the team. I know he’s a guy that drives the lines, but we have to consider the team’s competitive window as well as their future. Miller is not bigger than the team as a whole. Your right on that. And I also think that Miller can get us a pretty big haul. If we can get a RHD for Miller and a couple more pieces, isn’t that what we take? We are a little less better on the forwards, but we get better on defense. It’s all about give and take on the roster. Right now, we’ve got a pretty good top 9 as it stands (not the best, but it’s good), but our defense needs work. We need quality, and the previous regime hasn’t done us any favors by getting mediocre defenseman, other than Hughes.

Sooner than later imo, as good as he's been lately I question the long term fits of Myers and Hamonic and having to replace two top four guys is no small thing 

Let alone two RD

Edited by Coconuts