The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Rutherford +1

Don't mind Hamonic the player but I was fed up with his nitpicky attitude even before he got here. After the BS he pulled to start the year I'm very glad he's gone. Page turned and moving on.

Same not a bad player but that extra 3 million in space next year is sexy 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Marino incoming?

That would be good. Likely mean Schenn (preferably Poolman) out though then.

I was hoping Paul was going to be the return which might = a Miller trade :lol: but Marino would be good too!

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Ottawa isn’t a playoff team and we aren’t taking any cap back so incomparable to the sellers market with playoff teams. 

What I mean is, posters a week ago were crying that we have no D depth. Now, we are trading a Dman that has been playing well for a pick and everyone cheers. It is also a 3rd so more likely than not will end up a nothing player. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Party in the streets, lol. Seriously though, we got a pick! Feels wierd. 

I thought they might be getting our 3rd back for offer sheet purposes but then I remembered that Arizona has our 2nd this year.

Maybe we get it back in another dump trade?

Edited by DeNiro

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

What I mean is, posters a week ago were crying that we have no D depth. Now, we are trading a Dman that has been playing well for a pick and everyone cheers. It is also a 3rd so more likely than not will end up a nothing player. 

We gain 3M in cap next year. We needed to clear cap. This probably means Burroughs is close to returning. We gain a 3rd for a guy who we signed in FA and that missed the first half of the year. 

We usually see teams pay a price to clear cap where we gained an asset. 

Now we can re-sign Motte if we wanted. Maybe make a bigger deal. Try to take a step back and see a bigger picture with how the cap helps. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Rutherford +1

Don't mind Hamonic the player but I was fed up with his nitpicky attitude even before he got here. After the BS he pulled to start the year I'm very glad he's gone. Page turned and moving on.

This.  Wonder if the BS he was pulling caused some locker room issues early on in the year.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Making room for the new recruits