The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Gibson open to being dealt

3 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

Toronto would be smart to make that move. They are very close and Gibson gives them a legit shot. Nylander looks to be the sacrifice. Signing Tavares is what screwed them. Terrible signing at the time and worse now. I never understood it. They had oodles of young offense, Tavares was redundant and took up too much cap to fill out D and goaltending.

Remember how I brought the cap hit in some message board or Facebook I don't remember. Leafs fans were quick to point out they don't see any future cap problems because the cap was going to go up anyways. 

I guess they might have been right, until Covid happened. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

NYR doesn’t want Miller. Only Vancouver fans think so.

When I look at how close the Rangers were this year

I can't see them wanting to give up the players Canuck fans think they will get back in a Miller deal

If I was the ranger GM I'd be willing to wait a year or 3 for this team (most of it) to mature

• Vintage 1

Not sure why he'd want out of Anaheim tbh. Cali team, lowkey fans, and the team isn't exactly floundering. They have some potential. They wouldn't be in a rush to move him anyway. They have him locked up for 5 more seasons on a very friendly deal. I smell a lotta nothin' here. But it's weird that nothing is about a Cali team. Do their fans even follow the team in the offseason like Canadian hockey fans do? Rumors about Vancouver and Toronto I can understand, fanbases eat it all up. But Anaheim? Lol.

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

If Price retires, MTL could be in the mix, IF Gibson should be put on the market.

I really think these teams will be after a top 20 goalie,  NJ Devils, Toronto, Edmonton, Det, Ottawa, Buffalo,( Colorado ?Kuemper 32 UFA )))

1.Gibson  28- 5 yr X 6.4 million -- 2. Georgiev 26 -NYR-- RFA 2022 - 3. Husso -27  UFA 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Remember how I brought the cap hit in some message board or Facebook I don't remember. Leafs fans were quick to point out they don't see any future cap problems because the cap was going to go up anyways. 

I guess they might have been right, until Covid happened. 

The only one's more delusional than the Laff fans are  Dubas & Shanahan - they had Lou but he had enough sense to move on and be his own boss...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

8 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

What’s his cap hit?

Lots if teams could use him, few could afford I suspect. 
If Avs loose in finals could see them jump in

My thoughts exactly.  Would be quite the redemption story if, Kuemper/ Francouz faltering this year, they revamp things and bring in Gibson and he outduels Vasilievskiy.

3 hours ago, lmm said:

When I look at how close the Rangers were this year

I can't see them wanting to give up the players Canuck fans think they will get back in a Miller deal

If I was the ranger GM I'd be willing to wait a year or 3 for this team (most of it) to mature

Dolan stepped in to fire Davidson & Gorton to make a run with the Panarin core cause it seem he didn't agree with there timeline.  Good chance, the Rags will call and Allvin should be asking for more - imo cause they have a window with the Panarin core and there lottery picks (Laff & Kakko) aren't looking too good, as star players.  Right now, they have a goalie, there core are in there prime and they have homegrown complementary pieces on the cheap contributing - perfect time to make a run, with the hope that some of the young players can continue it when the Panarin core are in decline.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

First off, why are multiple people discussing the Rangers here. No way they grab someone like Gibson when they have Shesterkin.

NJ makes a lot of sense as others have said. Something around: 2OA + Blackwood for Gibson + 10th. NJ could then really swing for the fences trading the 10th for another win now piece and all of a sudden they have become a possible threat. 

Prediction: Gibson stays a Duck

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

First off, why are multiple people discussing the Rangers here. No way they grab someone like Gibson when they have Shesterkin.

NJ makes a lot of sense as others have said. Something around: 2OA + Blackwood for Gibson + 10th. NJ could then really swing for the fences trading the 10th for another win now piece and all of a sudden they have become a possible threat. 

Prediction: Gibson stays a Duck

Don't think Fitz has the appetite to trade a high lottery pick but a Miller would do more for his teams development than another lottery ticket - imo cause despite all the high end talents, his teams overall record is still mediocre.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

NYR doesn’t want Miller. Only Vancouver fans think so.

well i mean Vancouver fans thinks every team wants every player on this team..

i don't see NYR making a move for Miller either.. i think their issue is a lot more than just adding a Miller.. don't think the difference between tampa bay and new york is just a Miller.. and they were lucky to play 2 mediocre backup goalie in the 1st 2 round.

• Vintage 1