The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Gotta be more deals coming. One of Boeser or Garland. 

hopefully both... we don't need them, they are taking Hogander and Podz spots. 

Kuzmenko - Petey - Mikheyev

Beauvillier - Miller - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Raty - Bedard lol

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I guess this is the first bite. It sounds like most don’t care for the taste of elephant.

Don’t know much about Raty but he sounds like decent piece. Borderline NHL ready, good size, physical centre, goes to net, hard if not quick shot. Does sound like needs work on skating which is concerning as every year the game is more and more about skating. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Who cares last time we had 2 1st we busted on both. Looking at who they drafted last year. I have no faith in them drafting in the 1st unless it’s some consensus guy that falls into their lap

Guess we'll see, hopefully this is just the beginning of us selling 

Maybe we'll get lucky and draft high enough that management can't possibly flub it 

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I should be saying praise the lord thank god we traded Horvat so early for a fairly weak return counter to what JR said he wanted and looking for right? You know we ain’t looking to rebuild and this moves does nothing to help the Canucks anytime soon in the next 2-3 years counter to what the management is spewing 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Miller had a year and a half left on his contract when that rumour occured.  Horvat is a pending UFA.  Makes a difference 

Yes, because if Vancouver had waited until the deadline without getting a good offer for Bo, the price goes down because all a team has to do is wait until July 1 and sing him without giving up anything. That's why this is a very smart move to get out in front early. I don't think Lamoriello makes that deal at the deadline.

I'll have to check out the return, but I still would have rather traded Miller last year for whatever we could get, and signed Bo early if he was willing. Instead, we waited, and we had to move Horvat.

Of course, if Horvat didn't want to sign early and bank on himself having a run like he has, then it still might have complicated things. Similarly if the best returns for Miller were filled with negative value, but we may never know.

Good luck, Bo. I'll have to follow the Isles a little more closely now.

Edited by elvis15