Sign in to follow this  
Glug Datt

NHL Season Suspended

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I think as soon as one player or team employee tests positive, the league will pretty much shut down. Far too much travel and cross contact for 31 teams if someone on the inside is exposed.

 

It's why schools in BC haven't closed until there's at least one suspected case. 

I'd be truly amazed if there isn't a case within the next two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm surprised that New York, Chicago, and other large metropolitan areas haven't already enacted similar bans on large gatherings.

New York has zoned off a large containment area and deployed national guard in the area. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knew the Florida Panthers were way ahead in trend forecasts with empty arena games.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Please stop spreading the fear mongering. It will be OK. 

Agreed!

 

If the official numbers are to be believed, there's been 4,600 deaths from the coronavirus covind-19 strain since it started in mid-late February. However, for over a generation now, there are approximately 42,000 deaths world-wide from the common flu, yet they haven't closed stadiums, cancelled playoffs, restricted travel etc.. Way too much fearmongering, even to the point of psychological abuse of the masses by the "official" voices. One has to ask...why?

 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6815659/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Unless its edibles or cannabis oil, you're probably doing more damage to your lungs, than Coronavirus. Probably double because if your lungs are not healthy it will be harder to clear the fluid from your lungs if you did get sick. 

Thanks for the info. But I don’t like the stone I get off of edibles and oils. When I smoke it, I feel way more in control of my body but I don’t like what it’s doing to my lungs. I need someone to invent a THC patch I can where full time that doesn’t give me too much of a body stone. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The compassion here is amazing.

Yes, this is serious.  To many people only hear that the young and healthy don't get that sick and so the young and healthy are going about their business not worrying about the frail and elderly that they are killing.

Still 20% of people are getting significantly sick.  Many are recovering but are getting significant scarring in the lungs.

The Italian health care system is overwhelmed with this illness and reading the writings of some of their doctors is just harrowing as a physician.  

This is not the flu it is much worse.   It is also not Ebola though (though it is harder to contain).

The numbers in North America are very misleading, it is a selection bias (or an anti-selection bias).  They are lacking in capacity and have to date been lacking in the desire to test because it is being looked at as a PR problem for the president, not a serious global pandemic.

Just south of BC this has been circulating for two months.  To think that there isn't a significant amount that has crossed that border is foolish.

This should be taken seriously but does not need to be panicked about.  These are appropriate precautions, suspending large gatherings and self isolating when appropriate.  

  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

If the official numbers are to be believed, there's been 4,600 deaths from the coronavirus covind-19 strain since it started in mid-late February.

Except it didn't start in mid- late Feb - the first suspected detectable cases were in November 2019.

 

The official figure since first contact of this coronavirus (and its suspected genesis in Wuhan) is likely a gross understatement due to the CCP's unwillingness to report true figures (their version of don't test, don't report - just cremate ASAP and silence the goddamned whistleblowers through threat of violence or prosecute them under national security laws).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rekker said:

Well the way Canuck luck works we will win this year to an empty arena, lol. I mean, I'd take it. But just saying. 

yup I'd be all over that. Corona Cup? sure why not?  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

The compassion here is amazing.

Yes, this is serious.  To many people only hear that the young and healthy don't get that sick and so the young and healthy are going about their business not worrying about the frail and elderly that they are killing.

Still 20% of people are getting significantly sick.  Many are recovering but are getting significant scarring in the lungs.

The Italian health care system is overwhelmed with this illness and reading the writings of some of their doctors is just harrowing as a physician.  

This is not the flu it is much worse.   It is also not Ebola though (though it is harder to contain).

The numbers in North America are very misleading, it is a selection bias (or an anti-selection bias).  They are lacking in capacity and have to date been lacking in the desire to test because it is being looked at as a PR problem for the president, not a serious global pandemic.

Just south of BC this has been circulating for two months.  To think that there isn't a significant amount that has crossed that border is foolish.

This should be taken seriously but does not need to be panicked about.  These are appropriate precautions, suspending large gatherings and self isolating when appropriate.  

I think we all know its serious. Using a little humour to help deal with it isn't a bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup I'd be all over that. Corona Cup? sure why not?  

Yip. Sall good man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Please stop spreading the fear mongering. It will be OK. 

 

26 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Agreed!

 

If the official numbers are to be believed, there's been 4,600 deaths from the coronavirus covind-19 strain since it started in mid-late February. However, for over a generation now, there are approximately 42,000 deaths world-wide from the common flu, yet they haven't closed stadiums, cancelled playoffs, restricted travel etc.. Way too much fearmongering, even to the point of psychological abuse of the masses by the "official" voices. One has to ask...why?

 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6815659/

This isn't fear mongering, it needs to be respected. Do we need to be panic buying toilet paper? No. But we do need to be cognizant of our personal hygiene.

 

Covid 19 is more transmissible, has a higher mortality rate, has mutated, and probably most importantly doesn't have a vaccine. The virus can stay live on a surface for 4 hours, can stay airborne for 30 minutes, and is infection in the absence of symptoms. Italy, a country of 60 million, has locked down and has had it's hospitals over run to the point of doctors deciding who dies and who gets treatment. The standard influenza virus doesn't cause this.  Additionally, we don't know if there are any long term effects after contracting the virus, there could be long term respiratory impacts that we are not aware of.

 

There is a reason that the professionals have and continue to caution that this virus needs to be taken seriously.

 

Bottom line: This likely gets worse before it gets better. it is better to be prepared and over react than under react and be ill prepared.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Agreed!

 

If the official numbers are to be believed, there's been 4,600 deaths from the coronavirus covind-19 strain since it started in mid-late February. However, for over a generation now, there are approximately 42,000 deaths world-wide from the common flu, yet they haven't closed stadiums, cancelled playoffs, restricted travel etc.. Way too much fearmongering, even to the point of psychological abuse of the masses by the "official" voices. One has to ask...why?

 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6815659/

Because we know how the flu works and it's generally not serious. If people refuse to get vaccinated and spread still happens, we even have medication for it.

 

COVID19 is still largely a mystery. No vaccine. Supportive treatment only. Being over cautious to keep it as contained as we can is all we can do.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Please stop spreading the fear mongering. It will be OK. 

You might want to educate yourself on this virus. YouTube joe rogan podcast 1439 with Michael Osterholm. 

 

washing your hands and sticking your head in the sand isnt going to work on this airborne virus.

Edited by coryberg
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Be a pretty lame SCF if there are no fans in the stands.

 

 

The only time Bettman can be on the ice without getting boo'd, lol.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

 

This isn't fear mongering, it needs to be respected. Do we need to be panic buying toilet paper? No. But we do need to be cognizant of our personal hygiene.

 

Covid 19 is more transmissible, has a higher mortality rate, has mutated, and probably most importantly doesn't have a vaccine. The virus can stay live on a surface for 4 hours, can stay airborne for 30 minutes, and is infection in the absence of symptoms. Italy, a country of 60 million, has locked down and has had it's hospitals over run to the point of doctors deciding who dies and who gets treatment. The standard influenza virus doesn't cause this.  Additionally, we don't know if there are any long term effects after contracting the virus, there could be long term respiratory impacts that we are not aware of.

 

There is a reason that the professionals have and continue to caution that this virus needs to be taken seriously.

 

Bottom line: This likely gets worse before it gets better. it is better to be prepared and over react than under react and be ill prepared.

That should be the case regardless and at all times. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At my school (University of Michigan), classes have been shut down for the rest of the year (~45K students). Everything is shifting online.

 

A few weeks ago, it was ignorant to believe that the virus was anything but fear mongering and mass hysteria. Now it's ignorant to believe that this we're not in a crisis right now.

Edited by Grape
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Be a pretty lame SCF if there are no fans in the stands.

 

 

I don’t think you’re going to get Arizona vs Florida Finals.:P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, coryberg said:

You might want to educate yourself on this virus. YouTube joe rogan podcast 1439 with Michael Osterholm. 

 

washing your hands and sticking your head in the sand isnt going to work on this airborne virus.

How's that Ebola panic going this days? Or Sars? Oh, wait.

 

I'll meet you at the underground bunker in an hour!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fly in every team somewhere remote and quarantine them from the general public.  No need to have them in big cities if you're playing in an empty rink anyway.  No point in home ice advantage without fans either.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they put a cap on the season and then took 2-3 weeks off and then started the playoffs would be wild. Imagine if they announced that once each team has played their 72nd, 73rd, 74th, 75th (whatever # they decide on) game then thats the standings for the playoffs. Would make the next 10 days or so quite a ride.

 

Capture.JPG

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.