The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blue Jackets @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Bad bad game for Hutton.

On for two goals against, one not covering his man in front. Shoots it high and wide in OT t lead to the odd man goal the other way. He's gotta put that on net or pass it, you can't shoot it high in 3 on 3.

Good to bounce back, but the win was there for them.

He hit the post/crossbar.

All in all  we came out of this better then I  anticipated .  And I like the grit and grind from the 4th line - they aren't scoring but they are battling hard. Lots of battle from the team today

The Jets are gonna be looking to pocket 4 points - hope the boys are ready. Would like to see Pedan get some games - maybe give Tram or Hutton a night  off.  

4 minutes ago, panelguy said:

Canucks are way too passive in their own end , Pedan in for Biega or Hutton.Maybe the defense coach has to go .

I think that's a given.

Doug Lidster is in no way qualified to be an NHL coach. That's what happens when you let a rookie coach choose his staff.

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Torts with 500 wins? But Torts is garbage. He couldn't take this bottom dweller to the glory land in one season.

The powder puffs in our dressing room couldn't hack accountability if it didn't sound like this:

"Dear (insert vet player name here), If it's not too much trouble could you try to stop making the same apathetic mistakes over and over? It's just a suggestion so if you don't want to that's ok."

9 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

All in all  we came out of this better then I  anticipated .  And I like the grit and grind from the 4th line - they aren't scoring but they are battling hard. Lots of battle from the team today

The Jets are gonna be looking to pocket 4 points - hope the boys are ready. Would like to see Pedan get some games - maybe give Tram or Hutton a night  off.  

the company I work for gave out canucks tickets as a Christmas gift. was hoping to get the jets to see Laine. very disappointed id didn't egt that game

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Torts with 500 wins? But Torts is garbage. He couldn't take this bottom dweller to the glory land in one season.

That's why I think coaches are not the be all end all, Babcock is an ok coach, but he was in Detroit at the right time and got to coach Canada at the right time. He's not some magician who's going to make Toronto a dynasty team. Same thing with Quenville. Good coaches no doubt, but hardly saviours.

The clank of metal should not even be mentioned(oops, sorry).

HockeyGawds gave a us a coupla' beauty-bounces in the 3rd. The conflicted feeling of finding someone's stuffed wallet, when one is down & out.

If they can just hang in around .500 at mid season, the 2nd half becomes more interesting.

2 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

That's why I think coaches are not the be all end all, Babcock is an ok coach, but he was in Detroit at the right time and got to coach Canada at the right time. He's not some magician who's going to make Toronto a dynasty team. Same thing with Quenville. Good coaches no doubt, but hardly saviours.

Thank you. 

He coached detroit a powerhouse team to a stanley cup and another appearance. And team canada to gold. How hard is it to coach team canada. What did he really do? Open the door?

Weber your on.

Weber stay on.

He coached a $&!# team to last place... best a good coach. Nothing more. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It's a big point for us, but we wanted two. We kept putting pucks on net and we got some lucky goals and it was almost enough" - D.Sedin

Really Dan?!!  You are point counting with this team?  DO you really think the focus should be on points with this group?  Good Lord, they are either spouting from a pre-packaged song sheet or are truly delusional.

I was at the game, good comeback considering who we were up against. We were a bit fortunate with the second goal by Daniel, but I guess you take it. A couple of things I noticed were that the defense were brutal down-low, once the Jackets got the puck behind the net, it was just a scramble for them to get into position. Miller had no chance on any of the goals, as all four were tap-ins. Also, Hutton was brutal once again, especially on the 2nd goal by Saad. Basic fundamentals such as keeping your stick on the ice if you don't have the puck seemed to not register for him. Either he's playing injured or needs to sit a game in the pressbox. 

I feel like the Canucks have now become the team that the elites take 'off days' against. Columbus didn't play us as hard in the third after walking over us for two periods and when that tying goal happened, they just turned up the pace and got the go ahead goal, twice.

Just now, DSVII said:

I feel like the Canucks have now become the team that the elites take 'off days' against. Columbus didn't play us as hard in the third after walking over us for two periods and when that tying goal happened, they just turned up the pace and got the go ahead goal, twice.

The number of times the Canucks play against a team's backup goaltender is telling of this. 

6 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I was at the game, good comeback considering who we were up against. We were a bit fortunate with the second goal by Daniel, but I guess you take it. A couple of things I noticed were that the defense were brutal down-low, once the Jackets got the puck behind the net, it was just a scramble for them to get into position. Miller had no chance on any of the goals, as all four were tap-ins. Also, Hutton was brutal once again, especially on the 2nd goal by Saad. Basic fundamentals such as keeping your stick on the ice if you don't have the puck seemed to not register for him. Either he's playing injured or needs to sit a game in the pressbox. 

Agreed. Hutton is, by far, the worst defenseman right now. But he gets the minutes and special teams. Time to sit Hutton. Would like to see Pedan out there. 

Archived