The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] TANEV to toronto

Iffff we were to deal with them deplorables, s'pose I'd consider...

Van: Tanev(retain 1.5 mill), Granlund, Palmu  ..about 4.5 mill AAV

TO: Zaitsev(retain 800k, x 5 yrs)

Andreas Johnsson

2019 1st r pick

2020 2nd r pick(conditional on Tanev performance)   ...same cap, about 4.5 mill

- We'd risk FIVE yrs of Zaitsev, at a 3.7 mill cap hit. Might encourage Tryamkin's return, a Russki D-partner

- Johnsson gives us another speedy LW Swede(insurance, if Dahlen doesn't pay off)

- We get 2020 2nd if Leafs make final-4, & CT plays at least 60 games(or they win 2019 Cup)

21 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Iffff we were to deal with them deplorables, s'pose I'd consider...

Van: Tanev(retain 1.5 mill), Granlund, Palmu  ..about 4.5 mill AAV

TO: Zaitsev(retain 800k, x 5 yrs)

Andreas Johnsson

2019 1st r pick

2020 2nd r pick(conditional on Tanev performance)   ...same cap, about 4.5 mill

- We'd risk FIVE yrs of Zaitsev, at a 3.7 mill cap hit. Might encourage Tryamkin's return, a Russki D-partner

- Johnsson gives us another speedy LW Swede(insurance, if Dahlen doesn't pay off)

- We get 2020 2nd if Leafs make final-4, & CT plays at least 60 games(or they win 2019 Cup)

I wouldn't take any Leafs D back.  That's a brutal contract even with cap retention

If this trade happens it will happen at the trade deadline.  Edler could be used in a trade as well at the deadline depending on where we are at in the standings.  I wouldn't take any cap hit back for either player.  And the deal coming back must include a first round pick for Edler and a first round pick plus a good prospect for Tanev.

8 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Liljegren, Kapanen for Tanev(50% retained) and Motte (great bottom 6 guy with speed and decent hands)

I would do that deal without motte and no retention on Tanev. We toss in a Sam Gagner (1m retained) Lol :lol:

This is all predicated on whether Jim thinks Lilegren will be a good player. Don't want a maybe want a guarantee! 

Personally, I think Toronto know they have 2 years to win the cup, then they go into cap shock...……..

We have cap space for the right deal...……………….

Tanev  2 @yrs at  50% for 2019 1st + 2018 2nd + C.Grundstrom or Brown if they want

No conditional pick

Zsaitaeva slides down a row and becomes a much better deman against a much weaker offensive line

Brown on the other Hand saves them about 2.200,000

Detroit cab choose what they want

Cost of 2 years of Tanev is about this year 1.3 MI + 2.25 M next year, there is no way Peterangelo can cost least than that...……………...6. 5 Million for 2 years retained

They're going to need to hold onto Kapanen either way. He's a cheap forward for them right now and they need all the ELC's they can get for the next two years. 
I can totally see them giving up picks. Maybe a 1st, and a 2nd. Which would be neat with the draft being in Vancouver this year. 

I'd say we would ask for one of Sandin/ Liljegren no matter what. 

If any deal were to happen it would for sure include using the Canucks' extra cap space to take on Zaitsev's contract. The math doesn't add up without it and the Leafs need the cap space once Tanev's contract finishes to sign Matthews. I doubt they trade Liljegren, as his ELC will be too valuable for them in the coming years (on top of the fact that he is a puck moving right handed defenseman). I could see them putting forth a package of Zaitsev, Kapanen, and a pick, if they were looking to sell high on Kapanen. Don't know if the cost of Zaitsev would be worth it at that point...

Admit I haven't watched Zaitsev enough..but he seems like a decent, durable #4, 5 sort. In about 2 yrs we'd deal Gud, & by that time hopefully Tryamkin is back in the fold.

The guys we're picking now, for RHD(Woo, 2019 selections perhaps) will require 3 or 4 yrs to be fully ready.

So sign Edler for a couple more yrs, & Hutton too.

LHD: Edler, Hutton, Hughes, Juolevi

RHD: Stecher, Gudbranson, Zaitsev, Bulldog

^Whole pkg probably comes in at about 21, 22 mill AAV.

Also, I think 2 teams can retain on a single contract. In 2 or 3 yrs, you could retain another mill on Zaitsev & probably sell easily enough(if required).

So if it enhanced return(we use cap space, to extract more from TO), I'd say why not?

Archived