The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Jim hurry up . if you want to keep your job as Canucks GM you can't run out of time again. ::D

Yep time management seems to be an elusive thing for Jim.. It's going to be an insult to the fans if he offers Pearson the same as Toffoli was paid in Mtl. Of the two as much as I think Pearson is a solid player I'd have taken Toffoli over him

16 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Yep time management seems to be an elusive thing for Jim.. It's going to be an insult to the fans if he offers Pearson the same as Toffoli was paid in Mtl. 

If this were to happen I think this will happen next

R5p9G94.gif

Pearson’s injury and his contract situation

Sportsnet: Chris Johnston on Sportsnet on Vancouver Canucks injured forward and pending UFA Tanner Pearson.

“Tanner Pearson, he’s been out injured with an ankle injury. He’s sought some secondary opinions, and so far the news on that has been positive. In fact, he’s hoping potentially to get skating sometime here in the next week.

Which is noteably well ahead of the April 12th trade deadline. As a pending unrestricted free agent, that’s important for Vancouver. They have a decisions on his future. Negotiations on his next contract really haven’t begun yet at all. And if that deal doesn’t come around before the trade deadline, I would expect they’ll explore the trade market on Pearson.”

save room for tryamkin

Benn-2

edler- resign for 3 mill = -3

Baertschi out - 2.2 - no need for replacement

spooner out- 1.0 - no need for replacement

Hamonic - resign league min?

no to chatfield - 0.7 - no need to be replace

buy Sutter 4.375

Hawryluk - 0.8

= - 14 mill

? hotly to Seattle? - 4.3

= -18.3

Demko = 3.75

Petey = 6.75

Hughes = 6.5

= 17

remainder = 1.3 mill

? Ferland..? retire = -3.5 mill

Do tryamkin 2.75 x 2 years

what to do with Virtanen?

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hogz

Podz Lowry (3.1) x 3 yrs Gaudette

Mackewan Beagle Coleman (2.2) x 2 yrs

Lind

Edler (3) Myers 6

Hughes (6.5) Schmidt (5.95)

Tryamkin (2.75) Hamonic (1.00)

Ollie

Edited by Canucks Curse

16 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Pearson’s OK , the team is Ok , let’s just keep striving to be , OK.

2nd line Pearson is 'ok'.

I would imagine the idea to extend him would be transitioning him to 3rd line, as Podkolzin gets acclimated.

2nd line Podkolzin and 3rd line Pearson is 'good'.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

2nd line Pearson is 'ok'.

I would imagine the idea to extend him would be transitioning him to 3rd line, as Podkolzin gets acclimated.

2nd line Podkolzin and 3rd line Pearson is 'good'.

Agreed, but also depends on Pearson's $ and term.  Around $3.75M again for 4-years would be bad, IMHO.  I could stomach it if they find a way to move Roussel and/or Beagle (much less likely with Beagle given our lack of C depth), but if the Canucks are to spend money anywhere, then I think it would be better spent on the D.

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Agreed, but also depends on Pearson's $ and term.  Around $3.75M again for 4-years would be bad, IMHO.  I could stomach it if they find a way to move Roussel and/or Beagle (much less likely with Beagle given our lack of C depth), but if the Canucks are to spend money anywhere, then I think it would be better spent on the D.

Of course it does. Personally I don't think Pearson's getting anything like that in the current market.

I'm thinking we may buyout Roussel. Beagle isn't going anywhere.

20 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Don't see how keeping him around makes sense unless he signs a very low AAV deal with security.

Hoping the talks with the agent are just for trade leverage.

yeah I'm kind of with you here. I really don't want to see term with Pearson unless its something really low. 

2 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Anything above $3Mx 3 years would be absolutely preposterous

Even that $3M is way to high.imo