The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

He will be if it's a one year, show me. This just isn't the year to dramatically change the D. Patience and one step backwards to move two forward. If no silly signings are made this year we will be sitting pretty to pounce after this season. 

Ok let me say this. I feel what your saying. I agree, to an extent. I think it's very important we don't see a steep regression in the team. To often good young teams take a big step forward and the following year see a regression. I'm ok with Benning spending some money to not let that happen. Keep momentum going forward. That being said, don't go all in, we aren't at that point yet.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

There's still discussion generating around this and rather than have it spread out, best to keep it here?

(I believe it was locked then unlocked....likely for that purpose). 

Can we rename  it then? canucks free agency thread? :frantic:

Word seems to be trickling out about Barrie possibly in discussions to go to Vancouver.  Not sure of the source yet, it is on a couple of rumour collating sites like Eklund... so it could be nonsense.  I could certainly see discussions happening though.

Deending on the price and term it could be OK.  If it is a Barrie instead of Tanev, I am not sure that helps us a lot.

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Barrie

Juolevi-Myers

That would be ok.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

Only an organization like Arizona would approach their captain to trade him, then refuse to. Absolute idiots.

I know he’s a professional and he’ll do his best to play through, but you wonder how much heart he’s gonna play with for them now.

Way to make a crappy situation worse by not just pulling the band aid off.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1