The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Sooo. I wonder if there's any chance JB circles back on this? 

Why would he?  Unless Arizona contacts him and willing to make some concession, otherwise Benning looks desperate and will have to concede the top prospect Arizona wanted

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

Boston also has a ton of cap space to do a deal and the need for a top pairing LD.  I am not certain the door really is closed.  Maybe just the public speculation is off the table.  Do you think OEL goes back to Arizona with the C removed and a team looking to shed salary and not be competitive... if he has the chance to go to either Boston or Vancouver with a credible offer on the table and Arizona management presenting that to him?  I would say he probably agrees.

It clearly has to be Juolevi or Rathbone, maybe we throw in another sweetener but they still have to take Eriksson from us to make it work. 

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

I think it'd have to be the other way around, I don't see management being prepared to waste time on Arizona after all the work they put in trying to get a deal done. They aren't moving Demko. 

Arizona would have to come back asking for something else, and OEL doesn't sound like he's actually keen on leaving. 

3 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Because of the fact he said he made his best offer and the he moved on?

Dont know if your looking for a better answer than that?

These things are fluid so I doubt the deal is entirely dead. Big hole in our top four still needs to be filled so I would hope JB still has a foot in the door.

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

These things are fluid so I doubt the deal is entirely dead. Big hole in our top four still needs to be filled so I would hope JB still has a foot in the door.

We won't be able to circle back on it. OEL gave his deadline. So unless he decides to allow for discussions to happen again, he's starting the year in Arizona.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

We won't be able to circle back on it. OEL gave his deadline. So unless he decides to allow for discussions to happen again, he's starting the year in Arizona.

Nothing is ever a done deal.  His agent made the deadline so it wouldn't publicly linger as a story for the entire offseason.  Stuff could quietly happen, but the deadline effectively put the storyline to rest as far as speculation.

• Cheers 1

• 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

More likely schmidt. We need somebody that shoots right handed!! Lol

Problem is Myers has a NTC and Schmidt has a modified NTC.

I doubt either is waiving to go to Arizona.

Would likely have to make a second trade.

37 minutes ago, combover said:

God I hope Jb doesn’t get sucked into looking like an idiot again by doing something stupid to get a over paid over rated aged dman. 

I mean I probably already know the answer but…

How would fans feel about:

OEL (2mil retained)

37th pick

for

9th pick

Eriksson

41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Elliotte Friedman on Saturday Headlines mentioned that the Coyotes are working on an Oliver Ekman-Larsson trade.

Hopefully not with the Canucks unless it is Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle, Ferland, and the rights to Edler going back the other way with them retaining 3-4 mil on his albatross contract every year.