The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 hours ago, gurn said:

About a week ago I wrote an email to the  B.C. cdc;

| Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 4:08 PM | Subject: covid related illnesses. --- Hi: I’m searching for  government/cdc numbers regarding the numbers of people that are possibly permanently disabled by surviving Covid-19. I’ve seen it alleged that many people end up with heart and lung problems but am unable to find verifiable data. Hope you can provide a link. Thanks in advance 

Well I just got a response:

Hi xxxx,

This information is not currently collected by the BCCDC.

I have to admit, this shocks me, and worries me greatly.

Probably because it's still early to see what the long term effects are. Seems to be all over the map.

Strokes, lung damage, lack of taste/smell, even heart issues. 

• Cheers 1

Numerous studies show that wearing masks is effective against cutting the spread of COVID,  Even Dr. Fauci is recommending mandatory mask wearing.

But Dr, Henry and Dr. Tam insists on no mandatory mask wearing.  I don't really get it.   Especially with COVID cases now rising it only makes sense for mandatory mask wearing.

Especially in schools with so many people in them.

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

Numerous studies show that wearing masks is effective against cutting the spread of COVID,  Even Dr. Fauci is recommending mandatory mask wearing.

But Dr, Henry and Dr. Tam insists on no mandatory mask wearing.  I don't really get it.   Especially with COVID cases now rising it only makes sense for mandatory mask wearing.

Especially in schools with so many people in them.

BC is Trump lite....  we are the anti mask / anti science  province of Canada..  I am not sure if it more depressing or more embarrassing.

Posibly both. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

253 deaths in 42 weeks in a province of over 5 million people.

Close to 90% of which were over 80 years old.

11,800 cases reported/10,100 recovered and out of isolation.

I interpret these statistics with optimism.

What am I missing?

I think you are primarily missing 253 deaths... ...   Close to 300 BC families have lost a loved one forever.....  and  11,800 cases that may or may not have long term health effects for the rest of their lives.

Other that that you are bang on though....

• Vintage 1

US coronavirus - El Paso County (including city of El Paso) 2-week lockdown announced

Thu 29 Oct 2020 23:32:31 GMT

All non-essential services will be closed won from midnight Thursday 29 October 2020 

• polling places staying open
Earlier on Thursday the reports in the area were of local hospitals becoming overwhelmed by new admission. 

US virus cases hit new daily high of at least 89,000.

On the radio, says about 200 more cases and 1 death.  75% of the cases are in the Surrey region (Surrey, White Rock, Langley).

The 1 death was an 80yr grandma who attended a birthday party.  Apparently, one of the them was asymptomatic.  Unknowingly passed it to the grandma.

So sad.

Also the PM mentioned something like Xmas is cancelled if numbers don't go down.  Guessing that means flights between Provinces will be cancelled. 

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

Also the PM mentioned something like Xmas is cancelled if numbers don't go down.  Guessing that means flights between Provinces will be cancelled. 

Or maybe just Santa is not allowed for fly this year....  simpler to go this route....

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, bad alice french said:

What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.30.48 PM.png

Nothing, bang on really. The real issue is the over dose crisis in this province. A lot more pain and suffering but since most of the people are considered homeless people turn a blind eye. 

9 hours ago, BPA said:

On the radio, says about 200 more cases and 1 death.  75% of the cases are in the Surrey region (Surrey, White Rock, Langley).

The 1 death was an 80yr grandma who attended a birthday party.  Apparently, one of the them was asymptomatic.  Unknowingly passed it to the grandma.

So sad.

See if @kingofsurrey could get all his minions in order we could have this thing under control!  Come on KoS, your the king get you peasants to listen to you!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Or maybe just Santa is not allowed for fly this year....  simpler to go this route....

Santa can fly. He just has to quarantine for 14 days in between countries. So, toys will arrive, but it may take a few years to get here

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BPA said:

So sad.

Not quite. He said "large gatherings" are "up in the air". Meaning that having the entire clan congregate at one house might be problematic, especially if several family members have to travel.

I don't think the PM has the power to "cancel" Christmas....

15 hours ago, bad alice french said:

What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.30.48 PM.png

Compassion, that's what you're missing

15 hours ago, BPA said:

So sad.

And that's exactly why we need to do what needs to be done.  Do any of us really want to be the person that causes something like that?

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not quite. He said "large gatherings" are "up in the air". Meaning that having the entire clan congregate at one house might be problematic, especially if several family members have to travel.

Just have your party at a school - 3500 of your closest family/friends are welcome to attend and you don't have to follow any measures whatsoever.  :ph34r:

Another record day for cases as Italy virus curve continues to spike

Fri 30 Oct 2020 16:03:26 GMT

Italy reports 31,084 cases vs 26,829 yesterday

Last Friday cases were 19,143 and even with the jump, the pace of growth has slowed from around 90% week-over-week to 60%. Either way it's far too higher and Italy is likely to be introducing harsher measures soon.

Belgium imposes new harsh curbs as virus spirals out of control

Fri 30 Oct 2020 18:13:35 GMT

This includes heavy restrictions

Belgium has a population of 11.5 million and clocked over 20,000 cases yesterday. That's among the highest in the world and would be equivalent to more than 600,000 cases per day in the US.

• School holiday through Nov 15
  • Only one guest allowed in the home
  • All non-essential retailers to close, including barbers
  • Gathering of up to 4 people allowed outside
  • Officials are warning that the health system could collapse if cases continue to rise.
Edited by nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Another record day for cases as Italy virus curve continues to spike

Fri 30 Oct 2020 16:03:26 GMT

Last Friday cases were 19,143 and even with the jump, the pace of growth has slowed from around 90% week-over-week to 60%. Either way it's far too higher and Italy is likely to be introducing harsher measures soon.

Belgium imposes new harsh curbs as virus spirals out of control

Fri 30 Oct 2020 18:13:35 GMT

Belgium has a population of 11.5 million and clocked over 20,000 cases yesterday. That's among the highest in the world and would be equivalent to more than 600,000 cases per day in the US.

• School holiday through Nov 15
  • Only one guest allowed in the home
  • All non-essential retailers to close, including barbers
  • Gathering of up to 4 people allowed outside
  • Officials are warning that the health system could collapse if cases continue to rise.

We're about to have a showdown between the man made construct known as the economy and market vs basic rights to life.  

This should be very interesting.

• Upvote 1