The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Another 5 goals Yikes.  Without having a goalie to bail them out each night, seems their D is getting exposed for their weaknesses that were present last year when Marky stole so many games and Demko in the playoffs.  Would be very open to changing their Defensive coach to someone who can create a better "defensive system" since this is their achilles heal right now. Maybe some one a bit more defensive minded.  

Do you guys still think Demko and Holtby are good enough? What a joke, Demko has never been ready. He is just another backup goalie. What now? Holtby is a bit better but he also sucks. I don’t know why we let Marky go. Who did we have in the pipeline to let such an important player go? I would’ve done all in my power, if I were GM, to keep marky. Apparently they misjudged Demko’s talent level. 

• Wat 5
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

BUT....

Did Marky ever face that many give aways. And Tanev was always injured. 

This is not about them leaving its about how bad this has gotten. 

Ya I think I'm on the fire green wagon.

Hughes and Petey have been awful though.

Not to happy with jimbo either

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is on Benning more than Green.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

No, it's on the players, 100%

It's a mix of all.

Benning handed out some bad contracts, albeit it would be hard to predict Pettersson and Hughes early emergence.

Green... I'm losing faith. And losing it quick. Where is the structure? Is it not his job to fire the boys up? Why is our defence so bad? Embarrassing.

The players... well. Our bottom two lines are hot garbage, except for Motte and Gaudette. We are so slow! Even to start the game there is ZERO urgency. Why do we only come to play when we are losing? A little too late guys...

Edited by Maginator
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, kurtis said:

because of the $&!# contracts he's given out over the last few years. We were unable to resign key players in the off season and it's showing. 

What is showing is a team that is unprepared. EP and QH playing their worst hockey in nhl. 

JT and Benn being out with covid didn't help. 

It is the team that is underperforming, not the contract. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2