The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

You win with a team, not individuals

Which is why "individuals" should not "quit" if a teammate is given more ice time.  That's not a team first attitude...it's a me first. E specially one who has the potential to drag the team out of the hole they're in when he does start clicking again.  You let him work through it.

I am sorry but if we lose tonight we are in big trouble. It's getting to the point where it will be so hard to get back to .500 let alone trying to make the playoffs. You have to win so many series to get to .500. I just think there are so many things wrong with this team right now. The lack of depth on defense and forward is astonishing. The one thing I get frustrated with Boeser is his consistency. He's good, bad, good bad. Pettersson might now be 7 games with one assist which was in the first game. It's impossible to have success with the way everyone is playing. Jim Benning is the one to blame and the owners. He has had plenty of time to get things right.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Almost every team that finally passes the torch, completely, to a young core has a step back season, sometimes two.

This isn’t stepping back. This is a total breakdown. These players are too good to be this discombobulated. 

2 minutes ago, Seguin said:

We need Schmidt and Hughes to be way better.

Everyone is giving Petey a hard time (rightfully so) but where is Hughes?

Schmidt has been a turnover machine as well. 

Schmidt has the puck on his stick a lot but absolutely no passing option - yes he’s a good puck mover but the forwards need to offer up a pass or get free into a zone to receive one 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Cheers 1