The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

OK...if they won't just give us a pick... how about just...

Hakanpaa
Deslaurier

for
Virtanen
Low end prospect

We get some cap relief this year which (with another move or two) could allow us to afford the ELC bonuses instead of pushing them into next year.  We get a couple of serviceable bottom of the roster players who we might even want to consider re-signing but at least can fill holes this season when we move out our expiring players as rentals.

Anaheim gets a mid age forward reclamation project that kind of bridges between their really young guys and their ancient veterans.

Edited by Provost

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not sure what he's referring to re:2nd year - but yeah, the second year of Manson's deal would be a challenge for us.

Aside from him, I really like Sam Steel - not the kind of player a rethinging team should be moving, though.

21 hours ago, Rabid Rooster said:

If we keep Green, Jake needs to be traded for Jakes sake.

For those people who think Jake has been given every possible opportunity to succeed; do you pay attention, can you think for yourselves?

I find it funny how some talk about guys that can play up and down the line up like itis a skill not everyone has. Then get md cuz jake doesn't perform when he gets one shift on each line and then gets benched

I can't imagine Virtanen's focus would be any sharper in Anaheim than in Vancouver. If he can't focus here in his hometown, what's he going to be doing when the weather is super warm and nice, and so many attractions in California. 

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

Not sure what he's referring to re:2nd year - but yeah, the second year of Manson's deal would be a challenge for us.

Aside from him, I really like Sam Steel - not the kind of player a rethinging team should be moving, though.

I'd do a Virtanen for Manson deal.  We could use Manson as the Dman to be left unprotected in the ED and then partner him with Hughes next year.  We can re-evaluate in the summer of 2022 when Manson is a UFA to see if there is a better fit out there but could be a decent temporary solution for next year.  At least we get something of value for Virtanen.  At this point not sure we could even get a 3rd round pick for him.

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I can't imagine Virtanen's focus would be any sharper in Anaheim than in Vancouver. If he can't focus here in his hometown, what's he going to be doing when the weather is super warm and nice, and so many attractions in California. 

Hard to focus in Vancouver.  Would be even harder with the Disney Mighty Ducks. But being apart of a large metropolitan area would allow him to be somewhat invisible versus his magnifying/microscopic glass in Vancouver.

LOL.. Still on the block eh??  Just take a 3rd rounder a call it a day!!!  Frees up more than $2.5M of cap space... I'm sure there are takers!! 

Meanwhile Hawryluk is healthy but Green doesn't think he can help turn things around like the current lineup is all good!!