The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Not sure how I feel about this... I feel Gaudette has lots to give ....

This feels like a trade for the sake of making a trade...

I have a feeling Gaudette is gonna take off playing on the Hawks...

Definitely feels like he did this for the sake of making a trade. He knew he wouldn't hear the end of it from fans and media if he sat and did nothing at the deadline, which probably would have been better if he did. 

3 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Sorry

If Gaudette is in your top 6 you'll never make it out the first round of the playoffs**

Meh.  Based on what?  Didn’t he have a more important role than simply a winger for us in the postseason (not that he was any good at it though lol,,,).  Did we not advance beyond the 1st round?  In any event it might be a while before Chicago gets in playoffs again.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 minute ago, Vermette9 said:

Definitely stumped by this one but have to think the nucks brass thinks Kole kind is ready and has waay more jam then gauds.  Still don't really get this move.

Then get a 6th round pick, an unsigned prospect, or just waive Gaudette.

Bringing back a contract spot is worse if the rationale is that Lind is ready.

I WILL BET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM ANY ANOUNT OF MONEY THAT very few to no one who makes that bet hasn't got any amount of money to bet.

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Provost said:

Just curious why? He’s signed for league minimum.

Just now, awalk said:

Could be. Sure seems wild to make your team worse to punish a player.

True, But I think Nazzy has a post with a not too bad write up on him.... But yes it could be a sore one.

I for one will make judgement at a later stage... Didn't see this trade coming.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

18 pages in, Gaudette and covid mentioned in at least 4 posts per page. 2 of those posts blaming him or his wife for getting the team sick.

Once again thank you Jim for getting the player out of this cesspool of negativity.

you don't think, based on the video and the fact he was likely the first player infected, that there's some smoke there?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

The usual suspects are on the ledge again over a relatively minor trade that likely won't matter one iota in the long run.  Gaud was never going to bet into a top 6 role here and he's not good enough for a bottom 6 role.  POssible outside reasons aside, this was a move for a better fit

The voice of Reason...Seriously, I thought they crucified you on this board YEARS ago!!! ;)

I agree with your take on it.

#1. This is a minor trade

#2. The sky is NOT falling

#3. Benning doesn't trade just for the sake of trading, if he's moving someone, there's a reason for it and he has a LOT more knowledge on players than anyone on this board, including me.

#4. If we are at 19+ pages this fast for a really minor trade, this board is REAAAALLLY Bored!

#5. See #1 and #2

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

why, if his scouting report is accurate, he might be a solid bottom 6 fit, which Gaud was not

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Maybe Owners demanded the trade? If the stories about Gaudette breaking Covid protocol, owner may not be at all pleased...

Where are these stories? Here was what the team physician said:

"We know the individual had gone to a place within the guidelines. That place was subsequently found to have cases of COVID... we've made it clear within our group there's no culprit here aside form the (virus) itself."

If the owners are blaming Gaudette for getting the virus, I don't think they're intelligent enough to be owners of an NHL franchise. So I don't think that's the case.

• Cheers 2