The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just happy the boys are feeling better.  These games are a bonus for us to enjoy while the sun is shining.  

Hoping to see prospects rotating in to get games/looks and see how they're developing.  We've got to be thinking long term health of the players and team here.  Will be super excited if we land a top 3/5 pick after this mess and everyone's gets back to 100% for next season.

To those who are complaining, leave the screens off and go enjoy the sun.  You might even crack a smile today.

Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've been about 14 months after infection and I struggle to walk up a flight of stairs.  What I had in January of 2020 was unlike anything I've ever had before and I'm a teacher, I know what the flu feels like.  At the time the virus was just a story out of china, but growing.  I remember saying to my colleagues after returning to work that I didn't know what I had, but it wasn't the flu.  Two weeks later one of my best friends was intubated and was in a coma for over a month.......they called his family in to say their goodbyes.  He pulled through but he had to have a stent put in his heart and he has permanent damage to both his heart and his lungs.

Exactly the same deal...yep.  Pre COVID but December 2019 so ?

I'm so sorry about your friend...that's horrible and blindsiding.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Just happy the boys are feeling better.  These games are a bonus for us to enjoy while the sun is shining.  

Hoping to see prospects rotating in to get games/looks and see how they're developing.  We've got to be thinking long term health of the players and team here.  Will be super excited if we land a top 3/5 pick after this mess and everyone's gets back to 100% for next season.

To those who are complaining, leave the screens off and go enjoy the sun.  You might even crack a smile today.

Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

I was actually coming in to post something like that (re "leave the screens")...I've done that a lot over the past few days.  Spent time gardening, reading outside and bike riding.  It's really good for the soul.   We can get stuck in the sludge online and it becomes consuming.   

I highly recommend opting out for a bit each day to really appreciate the positive things in life (too).  Balance it all out.

I support your post (all of it) 100%.

We're here, we're alive, we have a hockey game to watch (hopefully it won't be at anyone's expense because, in that case, I'd rather not)...but we do have other players who can now have their time to shine.  A supporting cast waiting in the wings.

• Like 4

Regardless the result, our boys are warriors...3 weeks after being hit by a deadly pandemic disease and they are about to compete against the top athletes.

The organization and management let the players down, yet they are going out for battle wounded anyway. Already feel damn proud of these guys.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Although i appreciate your hate for the Leafs, I don’t think that’s the right way to go about it.

Im tired of this covid mess 

Yea your right.  Still hate these leafs!    You guys have no idea what’s it’s like here in Toronto.    Everyone thinks leafs are incredibly good this year yet no one realizes they are playing against awful teams!  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1