The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I guarantee that Mcdufus WILL get his 100th pt against us... only needs 7 points and we have 4 in a row with them this week. the odds of keeping him off the scoresheet for 4 games is more astronomical than the Canucks winning the cup this year.

Watched a YouTube video of all the goals scored by the Canucks in the 2011 playoff run. What an effing team that was, and boy were we spoiled, regardless of the outcome (which is we won, obvi).

Not sure of my point, but that was a TEAM. By all definitions. And I love our kids today, but we're missing.... SOMEthing. Not sure what it is exactly, but there's a special little something that I'm just not feeling with the group. That mix of character, the sprinkle of salty douche factor (not too much tho), speed and creativity and swagger and ... this crew doesn't have it yet.

This year is no year to find it, truly, either. But management and coaching must brew something up soon, because I feel like a lot of folks are starting to drift away from this team. I am. But I don't WANT to. 

10 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I guarantee that Mcdufus WILL get his 100th pt against us... only needs 7 points and we have 4 in a row with them this week. the odds of keeping him off the scoresheet for 4 games is more astronomical than the Canucks winning the cup this year.

ok your the second person to say he only needs 7, its actually 13 he needs

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Benning runs out of time on a lot of things seemingly because he has to personally micro manage scouting. I understand its the only part of the job he can be described as good at but really it speaks to his inability to prioritize all the parts of his job.

Well there are a ton of GMs there and considering the circumstances of the draft this year does it not make sense to have someone as good at scouting to be there considering we may end up with a very high pick? I mean what was so pressing that should have kept him here? The fact our media spins this as another Benning blunder shows how stupid and douche these guys are, with Drance being the head Dbag.

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

This is not the place to confuse people with facts.

fun facts?

As legend has it, when hockey was played in its early days, a frozen patty of cow poop was used as a puck.

Before 1906, referees placed the puck on the ice between the players’ sticks for face-offs. Of course, they ended up with lots of cuts and bruises as players tried to get the puck. To prevent these injuries, rules were changed and refs were allowed to drop the puck instead.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And Jayson Megna. It's a package deal. 

I’m ok with this as long as Chaput is thrown in the package and Willie is brought back as an associate coach?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

fun facts?

As legend has it, when hockey was played in its early days, a frozen patty of cow poop was used as a puck.

Before 1906, referees placed the puck on the ice between the players’ sticks for face-offs. Of course, they ended up with lots of cuts and bruises as players tried to get the puck. To prevent these injuries, rules were changed and refs were allowed to drop the puck instead.

Fun fact, the canucks have played like cow poop most of the year and have zero cuts and bruises because they refuse to hit anyone.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ok your the second person to say he only needs 7, its actually 13 he needs

my bad, I got the number from the other post