The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

aGENT

Young, cheap NHL player for third round pick. Even if just works out as 4th liner and PKer is worth that. 
I will be less happy if Seattle takes Lind instead of Holtby or Gadjovich but Holtby may hold some value if retained. Could be traded in Summer or at deadline. 

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Where is Gadjovich on this list?

This is the entire list:

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Available

Sven Baertschi (F)

Justin Bailey (F)

Jay Beagle (F)

Travis Boyd (F)

Loui Eriksson (F)

Jonah Gadjovich (F)

Tyler Graovac (F)

Jayce Hawryluk (F)

Matthew Highmore (F)

Lukas Jasek (F)

Kole Lind (F)

Zack MacEwen (F)

Petrus Palmu (F)

Antoine Roussel (F)

Brandon Sutter (F)

Jimmy Vesey (F)

Jake Virtanen (F)

Madison Bowey (D)

Guillaume Brisebois (D)

Jalen Chatfield (D)

Alexander Edler (D)

Travis Hamonic (D)

Brogan Rafferty (D)

Ashton Sautner (D)

Josh Teves (D)

Braden Holtby (G)

Protected

Brock Boeser (F)

Jason Dickinson (F)

Bo Horvat (F)

J.T. Miller (F)

Tyler Motte (F)

Tanner Pearson (F)

Elias Pettersson (F)

Olli Juolevi (D)

Tyler Myers (D)

Nate Schmidt (D)

Thatcher Demko (G)

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

as stated by Drance he is a useful piece. I would be disappointed if he plays 3C because he is not known for generating lots of offence / playmaking. One of the reasons for the lack of secondary scoring over the past couple of years was that Canucks had two shutdown lines (3rd + 4th line with Sutter and Beagle as centers). With Dickinson as 3C this structural deficit would continue, Canucks wouldn't get much secondary scoring from a third line centered by Dickinson.

More importantly, i assume that Podkolzin will play on the 3rd line next season. I really want see a 3C who is capable of generating some offence to get Podkolzin's offensive game in the NHL going.

The structure wasn’t the deficit. It was the quality of the players in the bottom-6. They were not skilled enough to produce much offence, or provide enough defensive value to use against other teams’ best players.

If a much better defensive 3rd like can be used to match up against top lines, that frees up the top-6 to do more. It’s worked well for Dallas, who were in the Cup Final less than a year ago.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Either he thinks O’Reilly still plays for Buffalo or he thinks Reinhart abbreviated is RoR?

well.... who knows.

I would be OK with a deal for Reinhart and the 9th if it includes them taking Loui, assuming McTavish is gone by 9. 

7 hours ago, mll said:

On Friday Daniel Nugent-Bowman tweeted Holland saying: "As we speak today, there’s a real possibility that Larsson wants to explore the market.”  So things changed overnight?

Hell yes.

I really  think he’s the perfect piece to add to our back end to play with Hughes 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1