The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks won’t protect Kole Lind

48 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I doubt Seattle will use us to fill their AHL roster when they could pick Holtby. Drieger is far from a starting goalie but could have a nice mentor/mentee relationship with Holtby. They would be stupid to take Price at 10M who has only been playing .500 hockey the last two seasons with a save % of 0.901 last year.

Isn't Price exposed though? Why would Seattle take Holby when they can have Price ? 

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Because price is signed for an eternity longer at double the cap hit. 

But Price is a Vezina winning, Olympic gold medal winner. And he was still pretty good last season and provides stability in goal for the next few years 

Also isn’t Price the same age as MAF was when Vegas took him? 

plenty of mileage left in him, the habs overwork him in the regular season, with a decent backup Seattle would do well with him.

Yea he’s expensive but I bet they can build a decent team with that in mind. Plus with him having a connection to Washington from playing their before and his wife being from the state, I don’t think it’s unreasonable that he is taken.

as a franchise face I bet he will more than repay his value in ancillary product sales as well 

16 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

But Price is a Vezina winning, Olympic gold medal winner. And he was still pretty good last season and provides stability in goal for the next few years 

I'm not so sure of that. He had an amazing playoffs but it's the first time hes flashed like that for an extended period in a long while.

1 season over .910 since 2017. 

This playoff was an outlier.

16 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Dickinson, Motte.

That's your 7 forwards.  Seattle can pick one of Virtanen, Lind, MacEwen, Gadjovich, Highmore.  Or they can take Madison Bowey.  Or they can take Holtby.

Which one you think they are taking?

I'd take Virtanen hands down. 

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

So we are all hopeful Seattle takes Holtby, because we don’t want to lose Lind?  We are protecting the new guy, Dickinson, because he’s 5 years older than Lind?  

Dickinson is a Beagle/Sutter replacement.    Plugs a big hole, and watching him in Dallas was noticeable.   Won't provide any offense but like Sutter/Denault-lite should help keep the puck out of the net and we need defensive forwards badly.    I'm not sure i really like the trade yet, but understand why we did it.

• Vintage 1

18 hours ago, runtzguy said:

Uh.... if Seattle takes Lind then Benning really is the best GM this market has seen. :bigblush:

Yep, he is playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers!

It has been his 7 year long game to ensure the team has a roster so thin that an expansion team has little to choose from.  It hasn’t been easy while drafting so high all the time, but through strategic signings of veterans to over market contracts, and a subtle plan to ensure the prospect development system doesn’t unearth any unexpected gems… he has secured his ultimate goal of screwing Seattle out of any player of worth.  The importance of that can’t be underestimated for a division rival.

Now the coaching staff is going to implement their actual systems and our vets have the green light to stop pretending to be terrible.

Cup in two years or less… guaranteed.

Genius!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Dickinson is a Beagle/Sutter replacement.    Plugs a big hole, and watching him in Dallas was noticeable.   Won't provide any offense but like Sutter/Denault-lite should help keep the puck out of the net and we need defensive forwards badly.    I'm not sure i really like the trade yet, but understand why we did it.

I remember saying this exact same thing when we got rooster from Dallas 

GIF by Schitt's Creek

8 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

yeah but they wont be playing for free. Holtby at 4 mil is not some huge anchor like eriksson at 6 mil. A reliable backup in free agency will also cost 3 mil or more minimum, not like we will save 4 million. I doubt you can find a 1 million dollar goalie in free agency that is as reliable as Holtby or as experienced.

I have zero doubt you couldn't find a goalie with a 3.67gaa and a .889sv% at a million bucks. But yes he has experience.

5 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

GIF by Schitt's Creek

I think one major difference is that Dickinson is 26.  His offensive production doesn't pop but it's not non existent.  I don't expect Dickinson to have a large bump in offensive production but he could still be a 15G 15A type defensive forward to plays very difficult minutes and could do it much better than what Sutter or Beagle can do at this point of their careers.  Of course depends on linemates too which is why it's important for the Canucks to still make some acquisitions which help put more skill further down the lineup.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

GIF by Schitt's Creek

I remember thinking we got a super pest who hits everything that moved and got under the opponent's skin (same with ferkland).  Was sadly disappointed.

Edited by coryberg

59 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think one major difference is that Dickinson is 26.  His offensive production doesn't pop but it's not non existent.  I don't expect Dickinson to have a large bump in offensive production but he could still be a 15G 15A type defensive forward to plays very difficult minutes and could do it much better than what Sutter or Beagle can do at this point of their careers.  Of course depends on linemates too which is why it's important for the Canucks to still make some acquisitions which help put more skill further down the lineup.

if his wingers are Motte and Highmore/Podz then it'll be a fun line to watch

12 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

so we retain on Holtby, give prospects and picks and still look for a backup goalie that will end up basically at similar cap hit as Holtby while giving up assets and no change in cap. I mean what would be the point? 

Did you miss this part of my quote?   "I would rather they make a list and take the loss and move on. Every team is losing a player."

11 hours ago, Provost said:

Yep, he is playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers!

It has been his 7 year long game to ensure the team has a roster so thin that an expansion team has little to choose from.  It hasn’t been easy while drafting so high all the time, but through strategic signings of veterans to over market contracts, and a subtle plan to ensure the prospect development system doesn’t unearth any unexpected gems… he has secured his ultimate goal of screwing Seattle out of any player of worth.  The importance of that can’t be underestimated for a division rival.

Now the coaching staff is going to implement their actual systems and our vets have the green light to stop pretending to be terrible.

Cup in two years or less… guaranteed.

Genius!!!

Yes, our puny brains is no match for Mr. Galaxy Brain Benning