The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks won’t protect Kole Lind

Just now, Johnny Torts said:

Yeah, but just to be safe. Need that cap space.

To be safe we would make a divisional rival stronger for an off chance. 

if they take Lind I’m fine with that, 

mid we really really need the space we can buy him out before the 27th but I think we could flip him easily enough before then 

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Freeing up Holtby’s cap hit is an asset that would allow us to add other assets in FA.   

We can do that ourselves by trading him. There's apparently legit interest in Holtby from several teams. There is no point throwing away assets.

• Cheers 1

Just now, UKNuck96 said:

To be safe we would make a divisional rival stronger for an off chance. 

if they take Lind I’m fine with that, 

mid we really really need the space we can buy him out before the 27th but I think we could flip him easily enough before then 

No need to buy out Holtby. I don’t care if he goes to Seattle no one is stopping the Petey slapper tbh. 

I want him cleared stat idgaf where he goes tbh. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, AriGold said:

I guess we know why nobody was taking Kole Lind...

There was a guy on CDC a while ago who claimed he was connected to scouting. His "name" was a goaltender from a bit back, and his info said that Lind wouldn't be a regular NHL player. Anyone remember who I'm thinking of?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Nucksownyou said:

We can do that ourselves by trading him. There's apparently legit interest in Holtby from several teams. There is no point throwing away assets.

We have no idea what that interest entails though - they could all include us retaining salary, which as been reported, for all we know.

Obviously if teams are willing to pay to take Holtby’s full salary that’s what I’d prefer - but I doubt it.  I hope Seattle takes him and I’m okay if JB tosses in a sweetener to push it along.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Is Vancouver giving Seattle something to take on Holtby in the draft? 

The rumour is salary retention. I don't know if they want a late pick or a prospect as well.

I would rather they make a list and take the loss and move on. Every team is losing a player.

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

There was a guy on CDC a while ago who claimed he was connected to scouting. His "name" was a goaltender from a bit back, and his info said that Lind wouldn't be a regular NHL player. Anyone remember who I'm thinking of?

Yaaa..funny guy right? Think his handle was Ilya Bryzgal-Zepp, or somethin'?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So we are all hopeful Seattle takes Holtby, because we don’t want to lose Lind?  We are protecting the new guy, Dickinson, because he’s 5 years older than Lind?  

No no Alf, we want Seattle to take Holtby purely because of cap space and because Dickinson is filling out 3C/4C role! 

• Like 1