The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks release protected list for expansion draft

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2021 Expansion Draft  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Kraken pick from the Canucks?

• Sven Baertschi (F)
    • Justin Bailey (F)
    • Jay Beagle (F)
    • Travis Boyd (F)
    • Loui Eriksson (F)
    • Jonah Gadjovich (F)
    • Tyler Graovac (F)
    • Jayce Hawryluk (F)
    • Matthew Highmore (F)
    • Lukas Jasek (F)
    • Kole Lind (F)
    • Zack MacEwen (F)
    • Petrus Palmu (F)
    • Antoine Roussel (F)
    • Brandon Sutter (F)
    • Jimmy Vesey (F)
    • Jake Virtanen (F)
    • Madison Bowey (D)
    • Guillaume Brisebois (D)
    • Jalen Chatfield (D)
    • Alexander Edler (D)
    • Travis Hamonic (D)
    • Brogan Rafferty (D)
    • Ashton Sautner (D)
    • Josh Teves (D)
    • Braden Holtby (G)

This poll is closed to new votes

38 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The one good thing to come of all this is we'll never have to see anyone pump his tires again. It was getting pretty tiring watching people constantly defend him, to the point of actually suggesting he was better than Nylander or should be playing higher than Boeser in the lineup. Give me a break.

I'd still rather have him than Nylander, who has a long history of floating and refusing to backcheck, to the point he makes Jake look like Motte in comparison.  One playoff round where he approached the effort level expected of an actual NHLer does not balance out the laziness and cowardice he's known for.  Ehlers would be a decent argument, but I wouldn't take Double Flamingo and his abomination of a contract for free.  He's a perfect fit for the Leafs with their culture of accepting atrocious defensive zone play.

That being said, I'll drive Jake to the airport if Seattle takes him.

Edited by King Heffy

They'll have their pick of Top 6 forwards to choose from, but my guess is Highmore. He's young, cheap and provides energy and speed. 

Who knows if Lind will even become an NHL player. He seemed overwhelmed with his chance last season. Same with Gadjovich, unproven. 

I can see them taking Edler. 

with JV while he may be BPA I think while the case is pending they won’t touch it. If we want to shift JV I think the best option may be to send it to Toronto for Hymans rights. That way if the case turns out badly The leafs can dump him, if not he gets a new city to be in and the leafs may get some mileage from him. 

Hard to say how many players will be grabbed from the Canucks. The Golden Knights spent an insane about of money in their fist year. I do not think the Kraken backers are that rich but I suspect they can try to fit into the salary cap properly.

Canucks need to focus more on their own needs looking forward. Canucks need more 6'4" forwards to be able to keep the puck in the net and rack up more points.

9 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Hard to say how many players will be grabbed from the Canucks. The Golden Knights spent an insane about of money in their fist year. I do not think the Kraken backers are that rich but I suspect they can try to fit into the salary cap properly.

Canucks need to focus more on their own needs looking forward. Canucks need more 6'4" forwards to be able to keep the puck in the net and rack up more points.

Are you talking about the Kraken ownership group?

"Majority owner David Bonderman, group CEO Tod Leiweke and famous film producer Jerry Bruckheimer."

That's billions of dollars of ownership money lol

33 minutes ago, Vegan said:

Huh?:picard:

How many players will be grabbed from the Canucks???

You do know how ED works right?

Have you heard of a salary cap?

Edited by AbrasiveAjax

Please take Holtby, just don't take Lind. Honestly though, I would be okay if they took Virtanen. He needs a change of scenery. Vancouver is not the place for him. Just like Kassian. Needed a couple wakeup calls to get his shizz together. Holtby or Virtanen are who I hope they take, Lind is who I am afraid they'll take.

8 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

the best case scenario is Seattle takes Beagle or Roussel, then we trade Holtby to a team that lost a goaltender to save more cap space.

It’s funny no one lists those two as our noteable players exposed.

Sure they may be a bit overpaid but to me they have more value than Highmore or MacEwan if Seattle wants to be competitive right away.

Both of them are good bottom 6 penalty killers that provide some sandpaper at the very least.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1