The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

3 hours ago, gurn said:

How dare a human change their mind, especially when things also change. :)

He played here, for less than he might have received elsewhere, take the good with the bad; annoying as it is.

Well when he cites family reasons (his wife being a local I believe, his kids growing up here, etc) then what changed? He had the right to do what he did given the clauses in his contract but that doesn’t mean I have to like it either. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Well when he cites family reasons (his wife being a local I believe, his kids growing up here, etc) then what changed? He had the right to do what he did given the clauses in his contract but that doesn’t mean I have to like it either. 

LIKEHASNOTHING.jpg.8d3ad86100ec617384a162ceeeae01ed.jpg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

That pairing is awful the puck wouldn’t love our zone for 2 minutes no way you can have ek Schmidt hughes myers in top 4 we need someone to actually play d

I was going to rip into your lack of understanding about hockey.

...but I don't pick on children.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol anyone thinking schmidt will net them a 1st.. a guy coming off a poor year.. a guy that hinted wanting to be traded.. a guy that the city doesn't think is good.. and we want others to give us a 1st rounder for him lol

For sure. Never going to happen lol.

15 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I was going to rip into your lack of understanding about hockey.

...but I don't pick on children.

Or your lack of it we have 4 guys in our top 5 who very suspect defenders you think last year was bad wait tell next year if Benning doesn’t pick up two better defensive defenders ek and Hughes were a negative what and Schmidt was give away machine but don’t worry Schmidt will be traded and he will sign 2 guys who are better at defending 

5 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Or your lack of it we have 4 guys in our top 5 who very suspect defenders you think last year was bad wait tell next year if Benning doesn’t pick up two better defensive defenders ek and Hughes were a negative what and Schmidt was give away machine but don’t worry Schmidt will be traded and he will sign 2 guys who are better at defending 

Nate Schmidt had a bad year. As did Hughes. As did the whole team.

If Nate sticks around, he will be much better. Hughes was actually decent defensively his rookie year. He will be fine... even if he's not here for his defensive game. These are high end players who I'm confident won't pull.an Eriksson and forget how to play at a high level.

OEL is a very solid player in all respects. He will kick butt in Vancouver. Myers is Myers. Not horrible and has size. Then the best of OJ or Rathbone... both defensively responsible.

We need a true shutdown guy still. That much I concede. But overall, we will be just fine. Good, even....

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Nate Schmidt had a bad year. As did Hughes. As did the whole team.

If Nate sticks around, he will be much better. Hughes was actually decent defensively his rookie year. He will be fine... even if he's not here for his defensive game. These are high end players who I'm confident won't pull.an Eriksson and forget how to play at a high level.

OEL is a very solid player in all respects. He will kick butt in Vancouver. Myers is Myers. Not horrible and has size. Then the best of OJ or Rathbone... both defensively responsible.

We need a true shutdown guy still. That much I concede. But overall, we will be just fine. Good, even....

Yes but Schmidt does not fit he could be good d man in right fit playing on his left side with defensive responsible right shot Defensemen he’s expenanble I assume he will be trading soon

I don't understand CDC sometimes. So the Canucks trade Nate Schmidt for a 3rd round draft pick, he has a high salary, he is coming off a bad year and he requested a trade....let's flip him for a first? So basically trade a 3rd round pick for a first round pick?

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol anyone thinking schmidt will net them a 1st.. a guy coming off a poor year.. a guy that hinted wanting to be traded.. a guy that the city doesn't think is good.. and we want others to give us a 1st rounder for him lol

Watch Boston move # 21 in a deal involving Schmidt haha :lol:

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hmm...sounds a lot like Risto and he netted a 1st in the teens.

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Hmm...sounds a lot like Risto and he netted a 1st in the teens.

:rolleyes:

Too true risto is garbage compared to Schmidt and still got a roster piece 1rst and 2nd...

Just give us a first and take Schmidt full contact plz.

That said I think Schmidt is good and would be a great line mate with OEL