The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

Just now, stawns said:

I love Petey, but he's not irreplaceable.  Ultimately we all know how this will end, he will sign in Van.......it's just a matter of how much he values team success over individual wealth

#1 Centers are not easy to replace

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Well then sign the &^@#ing kid. It's not rocket science.

How does a gm sign the kid can't force him to sign a contract. What if he said to his agent I want to see what happens on ufa day before I put pen to paper. How the hell does JB get him to sign. This is just another stupid comment. 

What if JB has a deal with Montreal GM JB could ask the other GM to offer sheet him to what JB can sign him for with out taking slack from everyone one else all he would have done is match the offer and be a hero for not letting him walk. It is what happen with Caroline 

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

How does a gm sign the kid can't force him to sign a contract. What if he said to his agent I want to see what happens on ufa day before I put pen to paper. How the hell does JB get him to sign. This is just another stupid comment. 

What if JB has a deal with Montreal GM JB could ask the other GM to offer sheet him to what JB can sign him for with out taking slack from everyone one else all he would have done is match the offer and be a hero for not letting him walk. It is what happen with Caroline 

I can guarantee Carolina didn't want a contract that walked Aho right to UFA without buying any extra years.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I love Petey, but he's not irreplaceable.  Ultimately we all know how this will end, he will sign in Van.......it's just a matter of how much he values team success over individual wealth

Is it though?   He's done a little more then BB under flat cap really.  Aside from his first ten games when the entire league was freaking out over him.    As in he's earned a little more then BB has. Miller took a big load off.   Makar/Heiskanen/Barzal ... did they consider their team?  Is Landeskog?  McKinnons remarks about doing it again are a total joke - when it comes to these sort of things their really is no "I" in team.   "I" is taken every single time.   Just like Mckinnon did, if he bet on himself it would have been a bridge.  Know your not bringing him up but i am. Rantanen ... gets way more then he did, now Makar - this "idea" that players will look at another player on the team gets and take less is total BS.   EP will take as much as he possibly can, as will QHs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Is it though?   He's done a little more then BB under flat cap really.  Aside from his first ten games when the entire league was freaking out over him.    As in he's earned a little more then BB has. Miller took a big load off.   Makar/Heiskanen/Barzal ... did they consider their team?  Is Landeskog?  McKinnons remarks about doing it again are a total joke - when it comes to these sort of things their really is no "I" in team.   "I" is taken every single time.   Just like Mckinnon did, if he bet on himself it would have been a bridge.  Know your not bringing him up but i am. Rantanen ... gets way more then he did, now Makar - this "idea" that players will look at another player on the team gets and take less is total BS.   EP will take as much as he possibly can, as will QHs. 

I agree and that will be the end of the window before it even opens 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

A dangerous thing to say looking back. What's to stop CGY from offering 12M just to handcuff the Nux

Lol then they handcuff themselves as well. 8-9 million I can see as an offer sheet, other GMs would not go beyond that for Petey 

2 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

A dangerous thing to say looking back. What's to stop CGY from offering 12M just to handcuff the Nux

When was last time a team did something stupid like that just to handcuff another team? 

EP at 12 mill would handcuff the Flames for almost a decade. No team going to pay EP McDavid money. 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Gotta be a fair deal.  Petey has been good, but if he's looking for superstar money he hasn't earned that and it's still on the fence whether he'll be that player or not.

Teams started to figure him out 

Honestly i am more worried about about petersson being able to stay healthy. 

Lets be honest, there are ballerinas with broader shoulders out there. 

Besides, he missed most of last year with an injury. I dont know what it was, but is he trying to cash in now because its going to affect him in the future? 

I dont care how good he is, or thinks he is. If a player doesnt want to play on your team (signs an offer sheet), dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I dont care how good he is, or thinks he is. If a player doesnt want to play on your team (signs an offer sheet), dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

Kesler and Ohlund both signed offer sheets early in their careers.

• Like 1

For those of you doubting Peterson's love for Vancouver because his camp is considering offer sheets, here's what my source tells me is how it went down between him and his agent JP Barry:

• EP: I love it here in Vancouver. For as long as I get paid a decent salary, I'm good.
  • JP: So, Petey, after you get your contract, what are you planning to spend it on?
  • EP: Well, you know, get a house for myself in Vancouver and maybe a separate house for my parents for when they visit. How much does a 4-bedroom house in Vancouver cost nowadays?
  • JP shows him the house prices
  • EP: #$%$$!
  • EP: how much are taxes?
  • JP shows him the taxes
  • EP: #$%$!#!
  • JP: I also get my cut...
  • EP: So how much money is Jim offering?
  • JP: Petey, have you heard about offer sheets?
Edited by vinny_in_vancouver
  • Haha 2