The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

25 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I haven't liked green for a couple years. 

This isn't a case of a bunch of angry fans on a website after a few losses. Green has been exposed by a legit improved lineup.  This team has alot of character they aren't the problem.

Shaw is not the answer. He's a lifer assistant. 

JB is in a tough spot......who's a replacement for green. 

You end up taking a flyer on another rookie coach.

Nope. No more rookie coaches. We need to find someone with some NHL experience like Alain Vignault had before we got him in 06

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, sassbs said:

The more they win, the less likely he will be fired. Players probably know this and simply are not giving a crap.   Is Pettersson really that rusty?  Lol.  No one cares.  At this point, this should be recognized by the GM and immediately fixed.  If Jim can’t see this then he needs to go too.  

Want to know how much I dislike Green as a coach?  I really like Jim Benning. But if he doesn't get rid of green then he needs to go as well. 

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We need names. Coaches with some NHL experience. Anything in our system is just another Benning brain child.

Where is the walrus ?

What about Crawford? He's behind the bench somewhere right now. We can poach his ass and let Shaw drive the bus till offseason.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The entire Horvat line was on for that goal as well as OEL and Myers.  Out of the five the only player benched is our leading scorer.

What you are saying is 100% correct.  The players are looking around asking themselves what the F is going on here, this coach has no clue what he is doing, he is benching guys for one mistake, he takes all the creativity out of the players because they are afraid to screw up and get benched, the power play is the same old PP from years ago with zero creativity.

At the end of the day Benning made major player changes to this team in the summer and the team is still playing the same way it has always played under Green.  No amount of player changes is going to make this team better because Green sucks the life out of everyone.  Even McDavid would struggle in Green's system.

I know alot people want to fire Benning because he is the one who re-signed Green, but most likely alot of that decision had to do with Aquilini not wanting to spend millions to hire a real coach.

Francesco was frustrated tonight.  That really means he knows he screwed up by keeping Green and was most likely on the phone throwing F bombs at Benning and telling him to make sure Green never shows up to the rink again.  I think something is up from that tweet.  Franceso never tweets after a loss, especially in that tone.  There is one pissed off Italian in Vancouver right now.  Let's see what happens.

I’m not a Twitter bird, what did the big boss say after the game? Thx

Players don’t look like they are having fun 

seems to be zero creativity 

no chemistry on any line 

no identity (still) 

small easy to play against and horrible defensively - odd man rushes and shots allowed.a stagnant predicable  power play 

green shouldn’t have been renewed time to rectify that mistake. 

It’s results based business green isn’t getting result and hasn’t 

why did Schmidt want to leave? and why is he doing so well in Wpj? 
rumours of others wanting out too?

ep not wanting a long term deal? 

just all coincidences I guess. 

no more excuses 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, combover said:

Players don’t look like they are having fun 

seems to be zero creativity 

no chemistry on any line 

no identity (still) 

small easy to play against and horrible defensively - odd man rushes and shots allowed.a stagnant predicable  power play 

green shouldn’t have been renewed time to rectify that mistake. 

It’s results based business green isn’t getting result and hasn’t 

why did Schmidt want to leave? and why is he doing so well in Wpj? 
rumours of others wanting out too?

ep not wanting a long term deal? 

just all coincidences I guess. 

no more excuses 

This season, is JBs' chance to re evaluate Green with a deeper roster and the STALE on ice product speaks for itself (along with his overall record).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Pettersson hasn't looked good at all. In fact he's been one of the worst players on the team. Shocking how bad he was in the Philly game. Hope he can figure it out.

Green has to go though, enough of his smiling behind the bench when they get called a penalty. Like he thinks it's a joke. The special teams aren't good, especially that stale powerplay. Yaawwn. Something has to change before they get too far behind. CGY, EDM and SJ are playing really well, and VGK and SEA could climb the standings. That means no playoffs for the Canucks, again, if they continue to do the same things over and over. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

I haven't liked green for a couple years. 

This isn't a case of a bunch of angry fans on a website after a few losses. Green has been exposed by a legit improved lineup.  This team has alot of character they aren't the problem.

Shaw is not the answer. He's a lifer assistant. 

JB is in a tough spot......who's a replacement for green. 

You end up taking a flyer on another rookie coach.

Getting this next coach hire right is very important. Shaw as interim coach would be fine IMO.

Fire Benning and Weisbrod. Green, Baumgartner, and King too (King is useless IMO). Jim Rutherford as PoHO and interim GM. Let him take his time finding a GM replacement. I would look at Jeff Gorton but there should be no stone left unturned. Shaw as interim coach with a couple of new assistant coaches is fine by me. He has a lot of experience. Again, no stone left unturned in the search for the next coach. 

Well, Canucks can limp along in hope, with the odd good performance, losing fans until we are mathematically missing the play-offs

or

Aqualini can see the inevitable result above and make some hard-headed decisions now to stop it happening.

Serious injury lurks for our weakened money-star EP, if he's forced to continue playing at his present level of distraction.

Continuing this risk alone, is just one head-scratcher among many.

He's not effective anyway, and simply dropping any trade value to rock-bottom.

If Aquilini doesn't see that team morale hasn't already left the building for the coming year, ya hafta wonder how he made his fortune at all.

Waiting won't fixxit - only a personnel change will stop the bleeding, and for obvious reasons it can't be the players leaving.

But, it needs to happen and wholesale.

Aqualini's been an excellent owner.

Jim's been a nice-guy GM, but to be brutally honest, his drafting's been no more successful than if he'd settled for the BPA with each pick.

Trading has been suspect while player development has been very poor.

Travis' integrity can't be faulted, but now 5 years in, his coaching abilities remain ineffective.

No shame in trying, yet there's little glory gained by persisting with a known, failed business model.

Edited by Mo Grit

Why not bring in Rikard Gronberg the ex-Sweden national team coach. With ties to the Sedins he might be a good candidate to consider as there aren't very many good coaches available. He's currently coaching ZSC Lions in Switzerland but has been itching for a go in the NHL. Give him till the end of the year and re-assess. 

• Like 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1