The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

On paper the 2 worst teams in the league.  Thought I'd give it a look.  Not much skill out there.  Not a lot of flow. 

Buffalo leads on the shot clock 29-17 and I would have to agree that the home team is the better one.  Ariz will be lucky to win 10 games this season.  

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hard disagree.

It's really bad. Looking at the Sabres is painful, so many top 10 picks the last 11 seasons and are left with this group and we batch and moan?

The chances of them getting anything decent for Jack seems a pipe dream and looking at their prospect pool and seeing the guys they passed on in 2019 and 2020, I feel for their fans.

We got a lot of fans here that complain about our GM, our owners, go watch the Sabres and delve into the job the gms have done the last 8 years.

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

On paper the 2 worst teams in the league.  Thought I'd give it a look.  Not much skill out there.  Not a lot of flow. 

Buffalo leads on the shot clock 29-17 and I would have to agree that the home team is the better one.  Ariz will be lucky to win 10 games this season.  

I'd laugh so hard if Arizona didn't even get the 1st overall pick in the 2022 draft.

Thought Bettman and the league wanted to get rid of organizations just tanking to get the 1st OA in the draft.

18 percent chance right?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd laugh so hard if Arizona didn't even get the 1st overall pick in the 2022 draft.

Thought Bettman and the league wanted to get rid of organizations just tanking to get the 1st OA in the draft.

18 percent chance right?

Cali teams will win 1st for the next 2 years

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Chaisson looks like janik hansen

My good old friend Willie Desjardins gave Hansen tons of icetime in the overtime because Hansen has been a great skater. Hansen took advantage of the additional space on the ice during overtime and scored some goals in OT. When it comes to skating Hansen's skating is much better than Chiasson's skating. I do agree that both are similar in terms of the frame and the style of their game.

32 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Wow, and so many here were telling me he was a top-tier NHL D-man just a couple of years ago.....how the mighty have fallen....

When he takes an offer like he did that's all you need to know.   If he played the left side he probably wouldn't have got an offer.  Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

My good old friend Willie Desjardins gave Hansen tons of icetime in the overtime because Hansen has been a great skater. Hansen took advantage of the additional space on the ice during overtime and scored some goals in OT. When it comes to skating Hansen's skating is much better than Chiasson's skating. I do agree that both are similar in terms of the frame and the style of their game.

I think they were talking about his physical appearance (mostly his face) and not his play style

54 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Edler, bless his heart, was a warrior here. But I'm so glad he's gone. Its amazing when you add up all the underperforming and aging players influence that are not here anymore, and what that does to the team.  Not any one was solely responsible, but a little off the top from each of them really slowed the team down last year, so it adds up to a huge increase in speed over all.

Edler

Player Name

Beagle

Rousell

add to that for now,

Sutter

and the part time player,

Virtanen

I think a couple of those players were like cancers in the locker room.  Jake and Loui.  Because they seemingly did not care enough to work more than a bare minimum required. I always thought it couldn't be great to have LE as Petey's older Swedish veteran forward to look up to and emulate. A more disinterested player I have not seen.

So I'm happy they are all off the team. (other than Sutter who is fine on the salary he is getting).

Edler as a 3.5 third parking PK muncher right now would have served us well given the Hamonic situation.   Agree he didn't earn his 6 last season, but wouldn't doubt he earns it this year in LA.  

• Cheers 1