The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

10 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I recall when Podz was in the K the knock in him was his shot-now he has one of the hardest shots on the team? 

he looked engaged last game and beautiful finish on that goal but its worth pointing out he lost a board battle and was behind the play on that goal. If DAL hadnt of turned it over they would have had numbers going the other. way. Its improvement on those sorts of plays that will earn him more ice time in the ling run

Man that one timer on Sunday against Dallas was wicked. It was hard and so fast. I had to see it a couple of times over and over again. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not only that, but unlike Dallas it's likely Anaheim likely doesn't start their backup. Gibson's been hot lately. 

Pulled a rabbit out of a hat and actually beat a backup playing like a backup last game, hopefully they're ready for a bigger test tonight. 

They'll be playing hard to get Halak his first win of the season. The guy has been playing hard, but hasn't been able to get a win. Hope tonight's the first of many to come. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

They'll be playing hard to get Halak his first win of the season. The guy has been playing hard, but hasn't been able to get a win. Hope tonight's the first of many to come. 

Here's hoping, because Halak isn't the reason he hasn't won yet. He's given em every opportunity to pull out wins. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Here's hoping, because Halak isn't the reason he hasn't won yet. He's given em every opportunity to pull out wins. 

Right. That's why I think and hope that the boys come out strong for the guy. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I wasn’t being negative at all. I was saying that how Colorado (or anyone else) is struggling has nothing to do with why the Canucks have been struggling and it also doesn’t mean our team is better than they have been. People bring up those kind of false equivalencies all the time to try to minimize the problems with the Canucks.

Except that we are missing Sutter and Motte, arguably our best PK'ers which seems to be a big reason why we are losing games. You instead of acknowledging that, wrote them off as some 4th liners. Then, you added, or implied, that Hamonic was not very important and said some 3-4 D man. He is also a key piece to our PK. So, in actual fact our missing pieces are important not just meh.

17 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think it was during the lockout where a good number of players "worked" overseas.  I forgot which former Canucks player but he said he had to earn a living but team owners seemed pretty shady as he received his paychecks in the form of a plain paper bag full of cash.:lol:

Oil prices were sky high & the Russia hockey league could afford to pay good money to the players.

I always liked Chubbie's game. 3rd liner if I remember correctly. 

Brown bags full of cash aren't restricted to the Liberal Party of Canada. :) I had a buddy who worked in SE Asia and was in Tokyo to collect money owed his company. On his way back out to the airport his taxi stopped, the cabbie rolled the back window down, and a guy walked off the curb and threw a brown bag into the back seat where my buddie was sitting. Yup, full of cash. Another time a client they were doing business with in China came into their office in Brisbane with an attache case full of cash. Over a 100 grande if memory serves. Watch that Barry Seal movie. A lot of truth there. 

42 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

True. Every time they are on the PK I can see a goal coming, if it were not for Demko we'd be in the doggy do.

They are just way too static, reacting to puck movement instead of being proactive and making life difficult for the PP team. We just seem to let them get set up and then rely on shot blocking.

Oh, and when you get a chance, get that fxxxxxx puck out of there. Don't pass to your team mate and give him the job.

OMG is this ever true. I cringe every time I see us passing the puck in our own zone on the PK. Especially Myers. :lol: I always ask the TV what are you guys hoping to accomplish with that, are you going to set up a goal from there or something? JUST GET IT THE FXXXXX OUT! :frantic:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

This is pretty pathetic and unfortunately representative of a fair number of casual hockey fans. How about giving the guy a chance to get acclimated before throwing him under the bus? Has he been the guy directly responsible for the PK? Not from anything I've seen. So we're going to throw a guy like Chase Wouters in who has never scored a pro goal (9 games) in his life, or a 190lb Di Giuseppe, LW, at Center to fix this? Absolutely Ridiculous!

And then you got this clown Williams throwing out the stat list. Just two days ago Petterson, Podkolzin, and Hoglander had fairly mundane stats. Should we look for replacements there too? I get he hasn't looked spectacular but let's be realistic. He's a third line/fourth line guy we just invested $10m in for 3 years, his best year was 9 goals and 22 points, and we knew this before hand. We also knew that he didn't play Center predominantly and wasn't strong on the dot so this was a work in progress. Let's also remember the revolving door of line mates he's had, and the fact he was brought in solely as a defence first player who makes teams hard to play against. Of course there is no stats to quantify that, and Mr. Williams also just leaves out the fact he is +1 in that role.

I get that it's an area of concern and that can be expressed but this is a classic example of jumping down a players neck for no good reason. Way to early. Maybe someone puts in more face-off work or Sutter comes back and centers the third line but he's not going anywhere. As someone mentioned it sometimes takes players a whole year to mesh with a new team. Hockey fans should understand this. And no, Mac or Gadj, would not have brought anymore scoring, face-off prowess, 5v5, or PK ability.

Weak Hairy ... Very weak! Give the kid a chance. ^_^

I said nevermind!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

You have the right to your opinion but I think it's obvious that some of you guys haven't actually played hockey or sports competitively. One of the greatest things about sport is your constant evolution as a player and a team, especially turning it around after a slump. That's what it's all about, correcting mistakes and getting better as a team. This is like people writing off the team 3 days ago and now we're 2 wins away from being a top 10 team. Complete snap judgements. Some people have hard time understanding you won't always be in first place I guess.

The NHL is very fluid and the landscape changes radically during the year. Fans are doing a disservice to players like Dickinson, and the team in general by making these proclamations at this point of the season, and 12 games into Dickinson's tenure.

I sure wouldn't want to be your teammate if that's how you welcome a new player to the team.

I guess we'll all be on Dickinson watch now tonight. :mellow: The pitchforks are out. :lol:

Gawdzukes, your cut. 

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

• Sad 1