The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini To meet with Jim Benning today

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Accomplished nothing. I don’t get it. It seems it’s just to act like they are doing something when they are in fact doing nothing. Only in the Canucks organization do they allow for more patience for incompetent management. This is why they are so far behind other teams who started their rebuild after us. You actually have to admit you are rebuilding and do it. No leadership or standards set by anyone from the top down.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

If they can’t see this isn’t working… I don’t k is if they can learn at this point.

We have a GM who decides to trade 1st round picks when we aren’t close… then says he won’t trade 1sr or 2nd round picks when we show some progress and have some buzz (after the bubble)… only to do it a year later when we lost the players that helped make us good because he didn’t do it when it could have preserved our roster.

We have a coach who clearly wants to play a hard forechecking, rolling 4 lines, speed game.  Guys like Motte, Miller, and Garland excel in those systems… the GM goes out and signs guys like Pearson and Sutter who can’t play that style at all.

Do the GM and coach even talk to each other?

When people will about a lack of vision and identity, this is what they are talking about.  One year Benning says we need to add size, so we get rid of skill players, the next year we need to add more skill so we get rid of the players with size,  then we need to get younger, oh wait… we need more veterans to teach the kids even though half the roster is already veterans… rinse repeat.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Friedman said the meeting isn't about making changes but more how to fix the situation.

Don't know how they'll fix it without changes.

More of the same, I guess.

Yay.

You fix the situation by MAKING CHANGES!! ..FFS...

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Dunno about that. He doesn't have a glowing record at all career wise. Not sure why people think he's gonna be sought after around the league. He's done very little (in the grand scheme of things with coaches) to deserve this apparent praise that he's a good coach.

His win % is garbage, he was lazy as a player and as a coach is lazy and the players look lazy and slow. Seeing other games around the league Canucks seem the slowest and most lazy tbh.

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hate to say I told you all so but…….

Seriously ownership is p****** me off  don't they see that nothing will change without change in coach at the least???

They gonna waste another season and come up with more excuses, seriously disgusting. What is this 8th year of losing and excuses?

I bet they wish they had the typical injury plague card they have used over the years to make excuses for the poor form year after year.