The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller Demko test positive ffs

Rate this topic

combover

5 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

And this is what is making me think... well what is the point in the protocol anyway???  

True, I mean those masks and the way they wear it will not stop it from spreading. Seems like symbolic to wear mask and have your nose out of it lol. At this point, people would really need to wear N95 masks to protect themselves from this omicron virus since most people are either not wearing masks properly or they arent wearing it or wearing cloth masks.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

who on the team has yet to test positive? I think the ones affected was all our D except Hughes, plus Motte, Horvat, Garland, Boeser, Pettersson, now Miller and Demko and Halak. Has Podkolzin been affected yet? I think after these series of infection  most of our team will have enough antibodies to finish the season and not be affected except Hughes. Its best to just get it now and get it over with. I think this team can easily make the playoffs, we are what? 5 points out with games in hand against the Cali teams. The only threat might be Calgary and Vegas was always the divisional winner. So the third spot is open for anyone to take and I take Canucks over Cali teams and Oilers easily.

In order to get a play offs berth, we have to win games.. (I know, of course we do, but we have to win a lot).

Pending on how many games we play without Bo, Demko, Miller, Garland and Halak, my opinion is we have to be extremely lucky not to be further behind once these players come back... On top of this, players normally take a few games to get back up to speed, so I fear it will be too much of a task to cash up...

Of course anything is possible mathematically, but I struggle to see us doing much with out our two top C men and Garland + our two main Goalies...

Does it mean I don't hope we get to the play offs? No on the contrary... I think. I've made it abundantly clear, I'd take play off at every opportunity, regardless of what happens next, as its the reason i watch. However I just don't think its realistic... I will be more than happy should they go on another run and make it...

(I think, OEL, Myers, Burroughs still haven't had Covid but not sure, so can't say)

Edited by spook007
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

In order to get a play offs berth, we have to win games.. (I know, of course we do, but we have to win a lot).

Pending on how many games we play without Bo, Demko, Miller, Garland and Halak, my opinion is we have to be extremely lucky not to be further behind once these players come back... On top of this, players normally take a few games to get back up to speed, so I fear it will be too much of a task to cash up...

Of course anything is possible mathematically, but I struggle to see us doing much with out our two top C men and Garland + our two main Goalies...

Does it mean I don't hope we get to the play offs? No on the contrary... I think. I've made it abundantly clear, I'd take play off at every opportunity, regardless of what happens next, as its the reason i watch. However I just don't think its realistic... I will be more than happy should they go on another run and make it...

We have only played half the season and we are like 5 points out with games in hand. Horvat and Garland will be available soon, same with Halak. I think Demko will be out 5 days if he ia asymptomatic. They arent out for the season. They might miss 2 to 3 games and comeback. Also we play in the pacific division where only Vegas is a legit contender and in western conference it is easier to make playoffs compared to eastern conference.

Edited by DefCon1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

The pacific division is wide open for the taking, what are you talking about. If anything Canucks have a good chance of making playoffs just because covid is also affecting other teams too.

5-6 points back and would have to jump Edmonton, calgary, sj and Anaheim to get into a division spot and add jumping Winnipeg as well for a wild card.

Not saying it's impossible, but that's a lot of teams to jump

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Please postpone.. Rather take that over the beating Florida is going to give us with that lineup..

I think if they postpone this one, we are probably good again for Sunday.

Hopefully Halak, Garland, etc, all back for Sunday's game.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Probably has something to do with Delta still being out there.

As well not ever child of a player or partner is vaxxed and I'm some have family with serious health issues living with them.

For that reason alone I'd suggest it's imperative that covid positive players not be allowed to play while contagious 

Once covid is actually the same ad rhe flu then I'd agree to treat it as such.  

I know I'd refuse to work with someone who knows they are positive and came to work....

I fall into the group of having grandkids to young to vaccinate and until the risk from cov8d is the actual same as the common colder flu I'd be evoking wcb right to refuse unsafe work 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I think that ship has sailed anyway.  Too many teams to jump, imo.

Well we are only a few points away from second now .... and the teams ahead of us keep losing ... if there is a bright side other teams have the same problem. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

You're Probably right... But, the real test was really, if they could put together another miracle run, once they got back home... 

Think this is very unlikely now....

Think we are sellers at D/L...unfortunately...

Any division except the pacific I would agree but the Kings, Ducks, flames and Oilers aren't exactly world beaters. All 4 of those teams are in different stages of self correction.

I will be absolutely shocked if any of the Cali teams finish ahead of us.

I've stuck to my guns since summer saying they will finish 2nd, however if JT ends up traded then I'll throw in the towel. I really hope that doesn't happen tho.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, spook007 said:

(I think, OEL, Myers, Burroughs still haven't had Covid but not sure, so can't say)

At least it will only be a 5 day absence so 2 games. I doubt the game gets stopped sadly unless we can't ice 16 players I think?

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well we are only a few points away from second now .... and the teams ahead of us keep losing ... if there is a bright side other teams have the same problem. 

Yup this isn't the Atlantic division. The pacific is wide open, way to much hockey left draw conclusions. 

Plus we have a lot of winnable games and a very friendly schedule in Feb and March.

• Vintage 1

It is an opportunity to see what else we've got.

For example, we could try out some meathook wingers, bash a bunch of dickheads, settle some scores, see who can really throw 'em, and really stand in their with the very tough hombres.

Scour the minors for meatheads Jim!

Plus, guys down the depth chart live for a chance at the bigs and could come in full of moxie, determined to show they belong.

JR & Co can see what we would look like without Bo, JT, Demmer, etc without having to trade them first.

Not all doom and gloom folks.

GO CANUCKS GO!

(Play the games; let's get on with it!)

• Haha 1

So far: Bo, Miller and Demko are off due to Covid protocol; and I wonder who, gets the minutes ?  Time, for someone to step up but it will tough against, a solid Fla -  hoping for the Spoilers, to soften them up for tomorrow ?

Hope Dipietro gets the node and the team rallies.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski