The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

27 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Leafs are desperate, but we won't get a premium asset out of the deal.  Either we get a pick or I am still of the belief that we could try and snag Liljegren.  He is past his long bout with mono, improved his defensive game significantly in the last year, and could be an NHL defenseman.  If he ends up being a complete bust, then you still saved on the cap by moving Myers.

I'd be fine with a late pick and some cap relief. I'm just not a Liljigren fan. Another soft dman that scrambles im his own end. 

25 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Another Leaf D man down.

More cap opened up. They may even be desperate enough for Myers for future considerations. Win win. Get it done. 

Naw, they will likely go for Karlssonm he is a bigger name.  Up to 50% retained by San Jose and then launder it through Chicago for another 25-50% retained by them.  It will cost some prospects and picks... but Toronto gets Karlsson for $3-4 million per year.

Chicago will get another high pick out of the process in their speed rebuild.

23 minutes ago, Provost said:

Naw, they will likely go for Karlssonm he is a bigger name.  Up to 50% retained by San Jose and then launder it through Chicago for another 25-50% retained by them.  It will cost some prospects and picks... but Toronto gets Karlsson for $3-4 million per year.

Chicago will get another high pick out of the process in their speed rebuild.

There is 4.75 seasons left of the EK deal. The price for Chicago to eat 3 million plus for Almost 5 years would be astronomical.

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

If that is true, one has to question their judgement.

I’m not sure what to say about OEL but that the first 2-3 years of the LE signing didn’t work still baffles me.  The twins and Loui had great success internationally and he was coming off a career season in Boston.  The final years of that were destined to stink but the front end should have been better.

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Simmonds waived and Morgan Reilly on LTIR now.  There's cap room slowly opening up for the Leafs to acquire Myers if they wanted to.  You know the Leafs are just gearing up for a trade of some sort.

Next game for the Leafs is not till Friday too. Keep eyes open.