The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green to Coach the Stars?

Rate this topic

Me_

Nothing more than him kicking the tires of all candidates.

Green is definitely not the most qualified to run an NHL roster, given how there are many others available, with a far better resume.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

It's a possibility.

Although I doubt anything would've come out had Donnie and Dhali not proposed the idea to the Stars owner.

It's just basic due diligence.

Like any other job posting, if I'm a business owner I'll look for the most qualified candidates and go through applications... eventually ending up with who I want to employ.

I'm pretty sure since he got let go, he's had interviews with other teams but obviously never made the final cut. 

We'll see what happens with Dallas. Who knows.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Nothing more than him kicking the tires of all candidates.

Green is definitely not the most qualified to run an NHL roster, given how there are many others available, with a far better resume.

I’ve even gone as far to say, given the sheer difference in results we had between him and Boudreau, that he shouldn’t get another chance to coach at this level ever again. His piss poor coaching at the start of the year resulted in basically everyone besides Miller and Hughes being in massive droughts, cost us a playoff spot at minimum. 

Edited by Pears
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Since it will make a conference rival worse, I hope so.  I'd be firing their GM on the spot for even interviewing Green though.

the guy was on Donnie and Dahli

they asked him a question, what do you expect his answer to be, "Travis Green is trash, he created a dumpster fire in Vancouver... he's the last guy we ever want to hire!!!"?

that answer sounded like diplomacy

and not much real interest

Maybe they hope some other club will jump at TG

A good coach costs 2.5 mil per and up.

Green costs 700, 000 per and will sign short term.

If Green is hired anywhere its because he’s comes cheap.  

I think we need to realize Green’s winning % with us was less than Willie D’s.  And Willie was craperolla.  Both sub .490

• Upvote 1

If I were an nhl gm in need of a coach, and TG was the only available coach, I'd be looking for Don Cherrys phone number. 

If TG coaches again he needs a makeover. 

My least favorite coach in the history of the Canucks and I've been around a long time. 

I need to stop being mad at him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A good coach costs 2.5 mil per and up.

Green costs 700, 000 per and will sign short term.

If Green is hired anywhere its because he’s comes cheap.  

I think we need to realize Green’s winning % with us was less than Willie D’s.  And Willie was craperolla.  Both sub .490

Hiring a bad coach because it saves you money is how you lose money. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2