The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Alex DeBrincat to Senators for 2022 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

My gut feeling is that Debrincat might actually have higher value than Miller, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Long-term,  probably. 

But right now Miller >>>>the cat.

Just now, Provost said:

If Chicago is completely rebuilding, I will happily give them our 1st and some young players (Rathbone and Hoglander?) for Seth Jones

How much are the Hawks retaining on Jones?  He has negative value with that contract. 

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

24 year old winger averaging nearly a PPG. RFA after this coming season, at which point I'm sure he'll be given a significant raise. Team controlled though, unlike Miller. 

As of right now Miller is the better player (There aren't many players better than Miller right now), but the team control and the fact that even if Deb is given max term, he's young enough that the contract will likely never be a burden. 

Considering his age and contract status, DeBrincat is worth more than Miller, so if he's moved, expect a lesser return than this.

Should be pretty close in value as DeBrincat is also 5'7" and has had Kane setting him up. Kid can score goals like nothing, but im not sure we would bring much else in a tough playoff series. 

• Cheers 1

I thought Ottawa would still build through the draft a few more years. If the land Giroux on top of this just now, they’ll have a pretty exciting time seeing where they are going next. Kinda like it but not sure it’ll put them in the playoffs just yet.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

My gut feeling is that Debrincat might actually have higher value than Miller, but hopefully I'm wrong.

You could also look at it this way, that is one less top 6 forward available on the market.

So depending on how bad a team wants Miller, they might want to act quickly. I still think the NYR are one of the most likely candidates.

But I’m not sure how the return would look compared to their original offer of…

-1st 2022

-Chytil

-Lundqvist 

Great job by Ottawa - and Chicago can suck a lemon.

Ottawa not in the market for Miller so not really an issue for me.  I don’t buy the “sets the price” angle.  As if one team getting a steal of a deal has ever stopped other GMs from overpaying. 

• Upvote 1