The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

62 points, but 6 goals in 79 games.  They've got Boeser for that

Again, this season and next. Not a long term headache. If the idea is to be bad and potentially move Miller than so be it. Them wanting Miller or not is a big if, but hey if they actually do I'd take Voracek+ and run. 

38 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Where did you hear this?  Not trying to attack you, just curious as it's the first I've heard of it.

Was touched on, on the radio that he’s frequently grumpy/negative, take with a grain of salt but if true could be someone they look to move out. 

Could be another Schmidt situation where the player while good is not a locker room fit. Or it could be nothing lol. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Locked up little Johnny same age (window) 

Miller is locked up no risk of him not resigning less uncertainty 

Hes from Ohio 

They where rumoured to be interested in him in the summer 

Flip side to your question why would horvat resign with CBJ 

when he can go anywhere and to a true contender this summer not a team that’s currently as bad as us. 

that question should be to Frank Seravalli.

if Miller makes more sense than Horvat, then the rumor should have been about Miller already.

the fact is that there were no talks about interest in Miller after he re-signed.

2 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

that question should be to Frank Seravalli.

if Miller makes more sense than Horvat, then the rumor should have been about Miller already.

the fact is that there were no talks about interest in Miller after he re-signed.

I can’t ask frank so I answered you. 

Does frank actually know the names or is he just guessing.
No one including frank saw the miller resigning coming this summer. 

Yes the trade rumours with miller were all pre resigning.

CBJ was one of them. 

they can have all the interest in the world in horvat but they stink and don’t need a rental. Which once again leads to why would horvat chose Cbj  when he could go to a cup contender or anyteam in the league. 

i gave you reason why miller would make sense but never saw why Bo would. 
I don’t see Bo resigning with CBJ they can’t even over pay him to make him want to sign. 

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

The more I think about it, this will be another 3D chess tank move.

We trade Dickinson to Chicago to bump them up. We see Columbus is dogging it up, so we need to boost them as well.

Sam Pollock and the 70s Canadiens all over again. Now all that's left is to draft Guy Lafleur.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Voracek is more of a playmaker(closing in on 600 assists) and if the goal is to get out of Millers contract it’s 1 year can 7 years next season. He can also be flipped next TD. 

Ad I said, if it's Miller, fine.  I don't see them wanting to add millers deal though.

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Dream on.  No way CBJ trades Johnson, Jiricek or Sillinger.

agreed it is a dream... however... any GM whose job is in Jeopardy might make the desperate move,  to live for today and be damned with the future, that they won't be there for anyways...    we can dream

37 minutes ago, BPA said:

You guys got it all wrong.

Rumor deal is…

Pearson for Gudbranson.

:P

It almost feels like an upgrade and a perfect RD for Rathbone on the 3rd pairing.  I'm probably only saying this because I have short term memory and can't remember how bad Guddy actually was.  

29 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

It almost feels like an upgrade and a perfect RD for Rathbone on the 3rd pairing.  I'm probably only saying this because I have short term memory and can't remember how bad Guddy actually was.  

Nope. Guddy brings Schenn's physicality, but not his smarts. He's not a guy to cover for rookie mistakes.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I could see something like:

to CBJ - (C) Bo Horvat and (LD) Jack Rathbone

to VAN - (C) Jack Roslovic, (LD/RD) Jake Bean and 4th

That's a terrible trade. Horvat needs to bring back a 'A' prospect. Unless you mean a 4th overall coming back....

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1