The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

If he is dealt alone, I can't see more than a third.  

I think he would have been dealt a while ago had anyone offered a 2nd or better. 

I'd be fine with a third.  The more draft capital the better , gives us flexibility move up, or move back. 

Maybe we get another prospect as well.

46 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why don’t we take Smith and Reilly from Boston and really turn the return into something?

Surely freeing up that much space to make other deals would have alot of value to them.

To Boston 

Schenn

To Vancouver 

Smith

Reilly

1st

2025 2nd

• Cheers 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

Just now, BCNate said:

If he is dealt alone, I can't see more than a third.  

I think he would have been dealt a while ago had anyone offered a 2nd or better. 

I'd be fine with a third.  The more draft capital the better , gives us flexibility move up, or move back. 

Maybe we get another prospect as well.

Again Brett Kulak in the exact same scenario but less physical, less reliable and producing less was traded last season for a 2nd, 7th, defense prospect.

Schenn is worth a 2nd at the least.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No one’s giving up a 1st and no one ought to be expecting a 1st. 

oh I agree, anyone expecting a 1st is missing a few chromosomes.

The amount of people I saw saying we got “nothing” for Horvat has me salivating to get on social media when the trade goes down.

I too am expecting no more than a 2nd and even that I’ll be thanking my lucky stars

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Would Toffoli have accepted 4M from the Canucks though?  Yeah he got that, but I’m assuming he settle for it after the market was underwhelming 

I believe he may have settled for less, he never got an offer.  If we hadn't have spent the money on Virtanen, we could have had open offers to either Tanev or Toffoli and let them check out free agency and get back to us.  They wouldn't have left angry at the very least, and may have re-signed for a decent price.

4 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

image.png.f77f1dd40e5da189798844d33071bc4c.png

Hasn't been as effective this year, especially since we are a worse team with worse goaltending.  But Schenn has been surprisingly productive on the scoresheet.  He's one point short of having career high numbers.  A late 2nd round pick doesn't seem unreasonable.

This is why I don’t rely on fancy charts to tell me the whole story. The eye test tells me Schenn for stretches this year has been our second best/most reliable defenseman. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

I believe he may have settled for less, he never got an offer.  If we hadn't have spent the money on Virtanen, we could have had open offers to either Tanev or Toffoli and let them check out free agency and get back to us.  They wouldn't have left angry at the very least, and may have re-signed for a decent price.

Virtanen and Juolevi will haunt this team for years. Benning's biggest blunders.

• Cheers 2