The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, CanuckRookieFan said:

Islanders fans are PISSED at the trade.. how can both sides be mad?

If they are mad that means we won the trade rightt?

Well from what gather lou just doubled down on a roster that has proven to be bad for 2 seasons now and the fans all want them to be collecting youth haha! 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I'm not familiar with next year's draft class. Is it projected to be deep? Risk/reward on both sides with that pick. Makes sense how they negotiated. Seems pretty neutral as an asset.

Another year down the road?

How young are you guys?

-Old Fart

4 minutes ago, TeamTurmoil said:

Imagine Bo gets dealt again? Say the Isles cannot move into a playoff spot before the trade deadline and they move Bo again (know they can't re-sign him) and they get a better return. Has something like that happened? 

If it can happen, it will probably happen to the Canucks. 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

That is true in the perfect world neither Boeser nor Mikheyev would be signed and neither the OEL / Garland trade. 

Having said that I wanted to move on from Horvat. Love Horvat but it killed me how he was stuck in this bottom feeding organization for his entire NHL career. I'd rather he move on and find the success he deserves 

I too wanted him traded

I have been preparing for it for years

nothing he has done through the last 2 negotiations said to me that he was a lifer here

I think he will flourish when not burdened with the C

in Boston

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah honestly, if that pick stays at +/- 15...that's like way, WAY better of a pick than even 25. There's damn good players there, including some D many CDC'ers are panicking about not getting.

Absolutely. Some awesome D prospects are being muscleled out of some deserving top 10 positions because of some  insane depth at Center this year. Honestly, what I wanted most from this trade was another mid first rounder. If Raty develops into a full time NHLer, this is a win. It's obviously a win for the Isles right now but this could shift over time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Doxm said:

I know people really want Bedard - but I hope we somehow get Fantilli. 

Bedard is currently tracking better than Matthews, and may be a better overall player than McDavid (time will tell). This kid is special, he's destroying the WHL as a 17 year old, that doesn't happen often.

Just now, Metal Face Doom said:

We got a roster player, a good prospect and a 1st rounder.  That's good value for a UFA having a career year. 

A small winger, on pace for 35 points who is getting paid $4.1m for another year after this one.  

Awesome

• RoughGame 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Bedard is currently tracking better than Matthews, and may be a better overall player than McDavid (time will tell). This kid is special, he's destroying the WHL as a 17 year old, that doesn't happen often.

They're not getting bedard

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1