The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators sign Zack MacEwen

Good contract for both sides. He's a stretch when it comes to scoring or defense, but his physical game does provide value. The cheap contract means it's easy to work with and three years on a one-way deal provides great job security for MacEwen.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

He showed some skill early with the 52 points in 69 games followed by 5 goals in 17 nhl games but his offense dropped off a cliff after that. Solid physical guy, hard worker. Probably the most successful guy we developed in the minors during the Benning era

27 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Terrible at the hockey part of hockey. Good luck Ottawa. 

This. Zack’s a great guy but he’s not gonna elevate the team to new heights. Not even with a limited role in the bottom 6. Wish him all the best in Ottawa. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Good on him, I know they loved  him in Philly for his willingness to go to bat. Broadstreet bully kind of guy.

Also think his Mom's awesome so I wish them both the best of luck. Will always be in their corner.

• Huggy Bear 1

Despite what many think is a dying breed, the tough and physical players are still being sought after by some NHL teams. 

Many of the big names who possess offensive flash get all of the limelight, but the checkers, PKers and those who generally make life tougher for the opposition, rarely get the accolades they deserve. 

I am glad for Mac and I wish him all the best.

• Like 1