The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

solid, but ultimately might not be good enough to make a signicant impact to the NHL. He's not scrappy or big enough to play a bottom 6 role, since hes only 6'1 180. A lot of body maturing to do, would love to see him and Jake go to war for Team Canada during December for a gold.

Thanks for reminding me that McCann didn't make the team last year. Would be good for him to do that, and go for gold.

He's still the only guy with 1C ability in our prospect pool for me. Speed, passing, shot, I think he could end up like a Claude Giroux if he reaches his ceiling. Maybe better defensively though.

He is really good through the neutral zone, probably our best prospect at pushing d back when he's coming up to the blue line.

aaha i love it

Prust - McCann - Dorsett

it excites me

As great as he has played, he isn't 4th line material.

Prust - Gaunce - Dorsett is one heck of a solid 4th line.

I'd love for McCann to be given a shot in the top 6, at least for 9 games.

After tonight, Brendan Gaunce looks like hes made the team thanks to Higgins injury. Played a complete game tonight

But man oh man, McCann is really turning the heat on Virtanen on that last spot. It might be a question of the Canucks going for need with Virtanen with his grit and physical play or they going for upside in which McCann can possibly push Vey aside because the kid has been terrific. Watching him skate, he really looks like a young Jonathan Toews

Great that McCann is doing so well. I doubt he gets the nod as the safer option is to give him more time. Surprised if Vey doesn't get the long look at 4C. Even that thought is based on the likelihood of injury moving him up the lines. Sedin-Horvat-Sutter-Vey. As yet

I do not have a handle on Sutter.

McCann definitely has top 6 written all over him. Benning said he dropped to them in the draft as they had him much higher.

Again..Dubas his former GM with the Greyhounds and with the Leafs now compared McCann to Logan Couture. You can see the similarities, both are smart in all zones and have high compete levels with superb puck skills. Couture has much better diving skills tho.

And McCann does not resemble a Rat. Other than the diving and Rat face, they do play a lot alike.

Great that McCann is doing so well. I doubt he gets the nod as the safer option is to give him more time. Surprised if Vey doesn't get the long look at 4C. Even that thought is based on the likelihood of injury moving him up the lines. Sedin-Horvat-Sutter-Vey. As yet

I do not have a handle on Sutter.

McCann definitely has top 6 written all over him. Benning said he dropped to them in the draft as they had him much higher.

This.

Vey is 189 and McCann is 179. For Vey, size is an issue. For McCann, I don't notice his size. Granted, it is a small sample size of games but he is clearly dynamic.

Like Boudrias says, I think the decision will come down to asset management. Vey is not a guy they're just going to cut and let him disappear on the waiver wire even though McCann looks like the better option. He is fast becoming the odd man out. I fully expected that he had another year to show us what he had but pressure from below is pushing Vey hard. They really need to get something back for Vey if he's not a fit in Van and this will take some time.

I really wish he had an extra 10-15 pounds on him, I feel like he'd be a shoe in. Unfortunately I think its why he wont get a look.

Claude Giroux only weighs like 171. McCann could play this year you wuld think. Adding too much muscle wouldnt be wise. Slow gradual gain prob best imo.

Archived