The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

AaWatched Lalji from TSN comment on how 5 on 5 Petey has been outshot 0 to 16 in favour of O'Riley's line. I believe we get last line change in game 3? That may help. 

As expected, we are relying too much on our PP. If that dries up, we have real problems. Refs are already not exactly on our side so relying on the PP is extra dangerous when the current success rate is unsustainable.

I have been happy with Green's ability to rally the troops. All the guys are playing super hard and so far good results. But like through the regular season he needs to find the right even strength plays - primarily from a defensive perspective. 

Edited by kloubek

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I have a strange feeling we are going to blow them out today.

6-1 Nucks

Man, I hope your feeling proves right. I suppose this would be the game for that to happen. We’re finally playing “home” and getting last change. If Pettersson can play away from ROR’s line, it could be time for an alien encounter with St. Louis. Would be fun to see Petey have a signature game, and watched the Blues get “probed” with a boatload of goals from the Lotto Line. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

40 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Man, I hope your feeling proves right. I suppose this would be the game for that to happen. We’re finally playing “home” and getting last change. If Pettersson can play away from ROR’s line, it could be time for an alien encounter with St. Louis. Would be fun to see Petey have a signature game, and watched the Blues get “probed” with a boatload of goals from the Lotto Line. ;) 

Last change should help alot, ROR line Might be The hardest line to play against in The League 

Edited by ForzaTikare

This game is the tell tale, if we want to have a long playoff run we need to dispatch of the blues as fast as we can. Get up 3-0 its a shorter series. If we go 2-1 , then the back to back game we could be tied. Time for the younger legs to prevail. Time for Markstrom to go nuts on the Blues and shut them out.

• Cheers 1

I'm starting to suspect that the refs are trying to allocate penalties based on impact on the score. Our PP is really clicking, St. Louis's is decent but not as good. The refs are trying to take the effictiveness of special teams out of the series and award GOALS, not penalties for infractions. If Vancouver is scoring on 1 out of every 2 or 3 PPs while St. Louis is scoring on 1 out of every 4 or 5, the refs will try to give us 50 to 75% of the pp time they give the Blues. 

• Haha 1